122053Re: Wrecked my 47th Birthday present 2007 Prius one day...

  • Daniel
    Sep 1, 2012
      Most people just take it to the body shop and eat the cost.

      If it is just your door and not your doorframe you can probably buy a used door on craigslist or on that national junkyard website which might sell the whole door for $300-$400 , then a couple hours to install and align it (local body shops can do that).

      I always price the deductable, and ask myself...saving $20 or $50 a year, worth the $1500 deductable.....vs $200 or $500 deductable.

      I have a $200 deductable on my cars for comp/coll I always price it because there is a point of diminished return....when going from $500 to $200 is an extra $100 a year, I say NO, but for $20 or $50 a year I say yes.

      and so far I am a few thousand ahead...from a pair of crashes and a hailstorm which damaged two vehicles.....I have gained $1300 per incident, for as little as $20 per year per vehicle.
      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "hemp7flowers" <solarsistar8@...> wrote:
      > before my 53rd Birthday on August 31st:(!
      > Hi Gang! Hope everyone is doing better than i am today!
      > I wrecked my 2007, 32,042 miles on it,yesterday. My car spunt (hope thats the right word) out over rock gravel from last weeks flood here in Vegas while i was crossing a paved intersection going north. My car was simply spinning its wheels once i thought i had the clear only to have a Dad with Child On board now breaking only for him to glide into me after hitting a wider bed of rocks traveling east, these rocks too were in the intersection but also several yards before in a dip that collected a huge amount of the same rocks before he hit me.
      > Since i was the one that was suppose to stop, as i did, i got cited. Glad the child, Dad nor myself was hurt and his damage was very minor.
      > I have a huge deductible, $1500 due to the fact i was trying to have full coverage without paying a large monthly premium. Not sure if this was a wise idea now. Forgot why i even had it that high right now, for i'm drawing a blank after not getting any sleep over whats happened.
      > My left side rear door was damage but not so much that i can not use the door or drive her. Can anyone guesstimate the cost of the door before i get quotes from around town non Prius owners??
      > What are my options??
      > thank you ever so much and Happy Labor Day!
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic