120122Re: [toyota-prius] Re: Starter Battery Substitute?

    Jan 8, 2012
      After installing the 19AH hYTX16BHL battery from Scorpion (aka
      BatteryStuff.com),
      I realize that the 30AH unit hYIX30HL would probably be an even better
      choice.
      The larger-capacity unit will easily fit in the NHW-11 Prius, still needing
      a "booster seat" (piece of 2x4 will do) to raise it enough for secure
      mounting. Price difference is small - and all batteries from these guys
      are shipped free via Priority Mail (with tracking). 16AH was $94, and the
      30AH is $110
      Still about half the price of some alternatives, great capacity, and have
      the preferred M6 (lead-free) terminals.
      Will keep y'all posted as to how the smaller one fares, but I'll probably
      spend the few bux more in (hopefully) 8 years or so when it needs a new one.
      Pete '01