120102Re: Starter Battery Substitute?

  • Felix
    Jan 6, 2012
      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, David Kelly <dkelly@...> wrote:

      > I dont *recommend* that battery, only I would *consider* it. Primarily because at that site (which is where the O.P. started) that was the first suitable battery I found with vent nipples.
      >
      > One saving grace of the (IMHO) over-hyped Optima battery is that http://www.optimabatteries.com/product_support/faqs.php says:
      > > Trunk/Interior Mounting – If your battery is mounted inside the passenger compartment or trunk (common in many European makes), the battery must be vented to the outside of the vehicle. OPTIMA group 27, 51, 78, 34C, and 31 batteries all have ports for connecting a vent hose.

      I am amend my previous statement, a 22NF won't fit an unmodified NHW20, my MK 22NF gel cell for a wheelchair is 9Lx9Hx5.5W with the terminals. Hobbit specifies the max as 9Lx7.875Hx5.125W. Close but no cigar. Also with the posts closest to you the positive is on the right instead of on the left.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic