120076Re: [toyota-prius] Starter Battery Substitute?

    Jan 4, 2012
      Must be Karma - found this same company just recently myself!  They
      seem good to deal with, and the battery I ordered yesterday (always
      exploring, as you are...) was shipped the same day.

      I ordered http://www.scorpionbattery.com/powersports-batteries/ytx16bhl.html
       for my 2001 NHW-11, which originally came with a smaller-capacity
      battery than your car.

      I'd be concerned about the VERY low 9 AH rating of the LFX09A2.  This
      (AH) is the number that determines how long you can leave the car
      'parked up' (as the Brits say) without losing too much of the total
      charge to parasitic drains which are present in all cars these days.
      Never mind (for Prius use) any CCA number, but DO pay attention to &
      compare the AH rating.  I think you'll find your OE 12V battery was
      about 24.  Mine was more like 16 (IIRC), so the 19 I'm getting is a
      bit more.

      There may well be a Li battery with that capacity, but you may not
      want to pay for it...

      To those who have heard me wax poetic about the Odyssey, I still like
      them but fear that the one in my car now (a PC680) was 'somewhat
      compromised' by being stored unattended for about 3 years before
      installation. So, as it's getting weaker now, I decided to try the
      larger and less costly Scorpion (YUASA), which even has the M6
      terminals for ease of installation. After all, if it's good enough to
      crank a big Harley, it has to be plenty good for a Prius!

      Will keep y'all posted,

      Pete