119195Re: [toyota-prius] Re: Arrived

    Aug 1 7:56 PM
      On Aug 1, 2011, at 9:38 AM, ChrisZ wrote:

      > I have a Gen 1 (2002) and the wife has a Gen 2 (2008), and like Stan I have had no problems at all driving on long road trips on the interstate freeway system. Contrary to what some may believe, the Prius can easily reach and maintain any freeway speed needed. I have read here that a Prius may not be able to keep up a high speed (> 60?) during an extended climb up a mountain-type grade, but I have not experienced that.

      I drove 725 miles on Friday and 770 miles today.

      If a Prius is the slowest car on the road then it is because the driver is driving it slow on purpose. I blew the doors off a 50 MPH Jeep in a 55 zone today.

      The Prius can climb any grade the Prius can climb until the Prius runs out of gasoline. Traction battery capacity has nothing to do with it.