119188Re: Arrived

  • ChrisZ
    Aug 1, 2011

      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, Stan Horwitz <stan.horwitz@...> wrote:
      > I have no problem driving on highways in my 2008 Prius. I have driven I95 between Philadelphia and Boston several times, and more times than I can remember in Manhattan. No problem at all.

      I have a Gen 1 (2002) and the wife has a Gen 2 (2008), and like Stan I have had no problems at all driving on long road trips on the interstate freeway system. Contrary to what some may believe, the Prius can easily reach and maintain any freeway speed needed. I have read here that a Prius may not be able to keep up a high speed (> 60?) during an extended climb up a mountain-type grade, but I have not experienced that.

      And contrary to popular belief, you will NOT be "run over" while maintaining the speed limit, be it 60 mph or 75 mph.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic