116817Re: Hybrid battery

  • Joe's Morgue
    Jul 17 6:30 AM
      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "mmneder" <mark@...> wrote:

      > I own a 2001 Prius. Actually took delivery of the car in December of 2000. Now 10 years and 97,579 miles later, I was forced to replace the Hybird battery. It cost 2299 for the parts and 440 for the labor then add tax on top of that.
      >
      > If anyone is keeping track of battery life, I hope this helps.

      I know this is old, I'm VERY behind on my email.

      I'm glad to hear that you got the battery. From what I'm reading, those who have replaced their battery and kept the car has enjoyed an extremely long life out of the car itself, which tells me you just made a good investment.

      For 10 years old, you seem to have low milage on the car. Did it sit for long periods of time?
    • Show all 37 messages in this topic