113940Re: Synthetic Oil Use?

  • johnamerc48
    Jul 1, 2009
      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "cristphoto" <cristphoto@...> wrote:

      > I just got my wife a 2010 Prius today. I'm a fan of synthetic oil and use Mobil One exclusively in my Acura. I know the Acura forums agreed that it's best to wait a couple oil changes before changing to synthetic. Is this a good practice for the Toyotas also? Any comments on this topic? Thanks. Steve

      My 01 Prius suggests an oil change @ 7500 miles for normal conditions. I have mainly used Mobil 1 0W30 and change oil between 7500 and 10,000 miles. Now a little north of 289,000 miles and going strong. Unless I drive very fast, 75 MPH or higher for extended periods, I only use less than 1/2 quart of oil between changes. Also my mileage gauge has not been reset for the last 52,000 miles and reads 53.1 MPG. a majority of my driving is at 55 MPH or lower in upstate NY.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic