111053Re: Water Pump Failure at 106,000 miles...???

  • Karl
    Aug 9, 2008
      If you can show Toyota you took it in while still under warrenty, it
      SHOULD be easy to get Toyota to foot the bill.

      It sounds to me that the dealership made the decision not to do the
      work under warrenty, not Toyota. If you don't have documents that
      you tried while under warrenty, ask Toyota anyways...All you lose is
      a phone call...

      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "freshsqueezedsaturns"
      <freshsqueezedsaturns@...> wrote:
      > --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "Karl" <joes_morgue@> wrote:
      > >
      > > That is SO stupid! When something is making noise, it is
      saying "I'm
      > > about to go" and that is when you want to fix it!
      > >
      > > Contact Toyota about it...
      > >
      > > --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "freshsqueezedsaturns"
      > > <freshsqueezedsaturns@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > 2001 prius 118758km had water pump done because it was getting
      > > > progressively noisy. Not leaking yet. Toyota Ext warranty
      > > > consider it covered even though 'noise' started within
      warranty. I
      > > > don't know if they would have preferred it to fail, overheat,
      > > > something, then cover it. Had the belt done at the same time.
      > > > 299.00 CAD. NC for coolant.
      > > >

      > Guess Toyota only wants you to do preventative maintenance when it
      > YOUR dime! :)
      > Seriously though, we noticed the noise in warranty, they noticed it
      > when it was louder but out of warranty. I can't fault them because
      > sit in the car all the time so we would be expected to pick up an
      > unusual or different from the normal, type noise before I'd expect
      > them.
      > HOWEVER, why would one want to wait until it actually failed and
      > potentially left someone stranded possibly requiring a tow, or
      > more serious damage....guess we're back to whether it is their dime
      > ours than answers that question.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic