107846Re: [toyota-prius] Re: Need info on Jump Start kit for Prius

    Dec 31, 2007
      On Dec 31, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:

      > This Christmas my sis-in-law was given a JS made by a different mfr
      > than mine. Its AGM battery required charging every month. I suppose
      > the difference in the two has to do with the self-discharge rates and
      > capacities of the two batteries. If I was going to buy a JS I'd look
      > for one that required a longer frequency of charge interval.

      I think the difference has more to do with what somebody in marketing
      wanted to say. I don't recommend rewarding the company who lies the
      most by telling you what you want to hear.

      A battery needs to be used to stay healthy. Use it too much and it
      wears faster. Use it too little and it wears faster.