      From: GREGMCKAY@...
      To: hcwerdna@...; toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, 1 May 2007 7:14 PM
      Subject: Re: [toyota-prius] Prius tires (was: Re: 60+ MPG is easy.)

      aahh.... well.. aaahhh.... where is says Max Cold Pressure. Like the very place you quoted.

      And you even quoted WHY you want to make sure that the pressure is not TOO LOW.

      I don't think you said or the tire said anything about OVER INFLATING, rather it talks, as you pointed out about "FAILURE DUE TO UNDERINFLATION/OVERLOADING".

      Any idea how that happens? (tire sidewall flex and roll)

      Any idea why they do not also say anything about overinflation other than noting the Max Pressure? ('cause its fine to go up to that pressure)

      So as I and others have recommended, go check and watch your tread-wear.

      ...and those of us that have already done this will continue to enjoy our higher mileage and better handling.

      ...and folks have already seen that running Integrities at 35/33 causes shortened tire life and uneven tread wear....

      BUT, if you ever find an instance where there is a problem that you can trace back to having Integrities at 42/40, please let us know. PLEASE.

      PS : has there ever been an instance where a tire placard was shown to be incorrect? anyone remember the Exploder tire problems?