Re: [TOSRV] Staying in Portsmouth

  • Kim Bauer
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2008
      I's like to introduce myself. I am Kim Bauer the Executive Director of the Portsmouth-Scioto County Visitors and the Portsmouth Cooodinator of the Tour Of the Scioto River Valley. The reason you have not received any information from me or the Chamber is I have not found anyone willing to house bikers.The Chamber has nothing to do with housing bikers for TOSRV.
      Those of us involved with TOSRV set aside more than an entire week for the event. Not everyone does that. If I find anyone willing to house bikers I will post it on this message board. If you feel that my office has not been doing enough for you,I would have appreciated an phone call instead of reading about it on the web site.
      Since you enjoy using the message board, if I do find housing for any riders I will post it and it can be first come first serve.

      Sincerely,
      Kim Bauer

    • Jorhi

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 26, 2008
          I agree, Kim does a fantastic job every year. The nicest thing I can
          ever do for her is leave her alone during TOSRV weekend. That is what
          best represents "where southern hospitality begins"......for all of
          you who remember that.........

          Also, if you want to contact the Chamber of Commerce, they have
          someone there accepting donations for the new TOSRV mural on the
          floodwall, how awesome is that? Not too many other bike rides if any
          have their own mural.

          Best to all.

          Tony, echo, or.......................

          --- In tourofthesciotorivervalley@yahoogroups.com, Jorhi <jorhi@...>
          wrote:

          > You, and all of your Portsmouth crew, do a wonderful job of making
          all TOSRV riders feel welcome. It's always a joy to ride into your
          city. Please don't let a complain from one person ruin your day.
          Can't wait to arrive on May 10 for my 23rd TOSRV.

          > Kim Bauer <misskimber74@...> wrote: I's like to introduce
          myself. I am Kim Bauer the Executive Director of the Portsmouth-
          Scioto County Visitors and the Portsmouth Cooodinator of the Tour Of
          the Scioto River Valley. The reason you have not received any
          information from me or the Chamber is I have not found anyone willing
          to house bikers.The Chamber has nothing to do with housing bikers for
          TOSRV.
          > Those of us involved with TOSRV set aside more than an entire week
          for the event. Not everyone does that. If I find anyone willing to
          house bikers I will post it on this message board. If you feel that
          my office has not been doing enough for you,I would have appreciated
          an phone call instead of reading about it on the web site.
          > Since you enjoy using the message board, if I do find housing for
          any riders I will post it and it can be first come first serve.

          > Sincerely,
          > Kim Bauer

        • desperateground
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 26, 2008
            Kim Bauer -

            My apologies if my note seemed like an attack; I think Portsmouth is
            very welcoming to TOSRV riders, and I'm sure your office is a big part
            of that. I did email your office some time ago with my inquiry, but
            not having gotten a response I wasn't sure if the email was received,
            or the answer was "no", etc. Next time I will call to follow up
            before posting.

            --- In tourofthesciotorivervalley@yahoogroups.com, Kim Bauer