TOSRV evil pancake guy

  • spannerboy69
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2007
      I just posted a video I took on Sunday morning this past TOSRV on
      youtube. This guy tortured a bunch of us during the pancake breakfast,
      he obviously hadn't ridden 105 miles the day before and was much more
      awake than we were.
      -Fred
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBihJQRWrE
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2007
        This was my first year riding the TOSRV and I had a great
        time...everyone, riders and volunteers, were great. When I saw this
        video, I considered myself lucky that I didn't have to deal with the
        evil pancake flipper.

        I was just reading the 2007 Final Report on the TOSRV website and it
        mentions "...Chris Cakes, the famous pancake flipper, set up at All
        Saints Episcopal Church." Can anyone confirm that this is who and
        where this video takes place?

        I'm all for good-natured teasing and having fun, but there's
        something almost mean-spirited about what I'm seeing in this video
        and would like to make sure I avoid it in 2008.

        On Jul 31, 2007, at 12:24 AM, spannerboy69 wrote:

        > I just posted a video I took on Sunday morning this past TOSRV on
        > youtube. This guy tortured a bunch of us during the pancake breakfast,
        > he obviously hadn't ridden 105 miles the day before and was much more
        > awake than we were.
        > -Fred
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBihJQRWrE

      • Bruce Metcalf
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 18, 2007
          Yes, that's the guy who was "covering" for Chris this year. I didn't hear why Chris himself wasn't there.

          It's all in good fun - if you really don't want to catch the pancakes you don't have to. The ones that hit the floor go into the trash. So I'm not sure how it would be considered torture. This was my third TOSRV and I looked forward to the 'pancake toss' very much : )

          I'd say it's one of the things that make for a complete weekend, a relaxing beer at the park, an awesome massage from the sports therapy folks, a nice dinner and a humorous breakfast before a nice ride home. Bruce

          To: tourofthesciotorivervalley@yahoogroups.comFrom: keekeeree@...: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:28:19 -0500Subject: Re: [TOSRV] TOSRV evil pancake guy

          This was my first year riding the TOSRV and I had a great time...everyone, riders and volunteers, were great. When I saw this video, I considered myself lucky that I didn't have to deal with the evil pancake flipper.I was just reading the 2007 Final Report on the TOSRV website and it mentions "...Chris Cakes, the famous pancake flipper, set up at All Saints Episcopal Church." Can anyone confirm that this is who and where this video takes place?I'm all for good-natured teasing and having fun, but there's something almost mean-spirited about what I'm seeing in this video and would like to make sure I avoid it in 2008.On Jul 31, 2007, at 12:24 AM, spannerboy69 wrote:> I just posted a video I took on Sunday morning this past TOSRV on> youtube. This guy tortured a bunch of us during the pancake breakfast,> he obviously hadn't ridden 105 miles the day before and was much more> awake than we were.> -Fred> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBihJQRWrE>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        • Kim Bauer
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 18, 2007
            Hello All

            What I heard from the "Evil One" was that Chris's daughter was graduating from school. And yes, he wasn't quite what all of us were used to. Sometimes change is good, sometimes not. Lets just hope that Chris will be back and we all let him know how much he was missed.

            Kim Bauer
            TOSRV Coordinator Portsmouth

            To: tourofthesciotorivervalley@yahoogroups.comFrom: keekeeree@...: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:28:19 -0500Subject: Re: [TOSRV] TOSRV evil pancake guy

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • spannerboy69
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 27 2:36 PM
              --- In tourofthesciotorivervalley@yahoogroups.com, "spannerboy69"
              <spannerboy69@...> wrote:

              > I just posted a video I took on Sunday morning this past TOSRV on
              > youtube. This guy tortured a bunch of us during the pancake breakfast,
              > he obviously hadn't ridden 105 miles the day before and was much more
              > awake than we were.
              > -Fred
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBihJQRWrE

              Just a friendly reminder. Less than two weeks to evil pancake guy!
              (although my understanding is it will probably be a different person
              making the cakes on Sunday morning)
              -Fred