Rv: [redtmn] RE: Position announcement - Costa Rica field instructor
- Para interes de todos.SaludosPerla Torres Gago
Asistente Técnica del Proyecto Tortugas Marinas
Fauna & Flora International
Oficina: (505) 2277-3563
Celular: (505) 865-66835
Reparto San Juan, Del Gimnasio Hercúles 4 cuadras al lago.
Casa Nº567Todos viajamos juntos, pasajeros en una pequeña nave espacial dependiendo de las venerables reservas del aire, suelo y agua; todo confiado para nuestra seguridad y paz; preservado de la aniquilación sólo por el cuidado, el trabajo y por el amor que demos a nuestra frágil embarcación. (ADIAI STEVENSON).
--- El jue, 8/10/09, Alejandro Fallabrino <afalla7@...> escribió:
De: Alejandro Fallabrino <afalla7@...>
Asunto: [redtmn] RE: Position announcement - Costa Rica field instructor
Fecha: jueves, 8 octubre, 2009 2:05
De: Sea Turtle Biology and Conservation [mailto:CTURTLE@LISTS. UFL.EDU] En
nombre de Julie Osborn
Enviado el: miércoles, 07 de octubre de 2009 6:02
Para: CTURTLE@LISTS. UFL.EDU
Asunto: Position announcement - Costa Rica field instructor
Costa Rica Sea Turtle Ecology Program
Application period closes October 28th, 2009
Ecology Project International (EPI) is hiring instructors to teach and lead
4 to 12 day field ecology courses in Costa Rica. Our programs introduce
students to real-world scientific study, raise cultural and ecological
awareness, and promote international conservation efforts. Our main project
site in Costa Rica is a 2,000 acre rainforest reserve on the Caribbean
coast. This reserve has 4 miles of an important nesting beach for endangered
leatherback sea turtles, which are the primary focus of study in our
programs. EPI offers sea turtle conservation courses to both Costa Rican
and International student groups (mainly from US). Additionally,
international students explore rainforest ecology, participate in a
reforestation project at a biological station, exchange with a local school,
and enjoy an exciting whitewater rafting trip. For more detailed information
on our courses and organization, please visit our website:
<https://epimail. ecologyproject. org/exchweb/ bin/redir. asp?URL=http: //www.eco
logyproject. org/> www.ecologyproject. org.
* Provide and lead a positive experience for EPI
participants in the field.
* Promote and ensure a safe learning/living
* Plan, lead, and instruct quality experiential
environmental education programs to a diversity of high school,middle
school, or university students in both English and Spanish.
* Plan, lead, and instruct courses based on the
* Be sensitive to the health and welfare of all
participants and meet their developmental needs.
* Understand, model, monitor, and enforce EPI
policies and protocols.
* Participate in all EPI staff development
sessions throughout the season, including staff training, staff meetings,
staff retreats, and complete feedback and evaluation forms.
* Oversee and/or lead research activities
accordance with local research protocols.
* Establish and maintain clear communication with
teachers, chaperones, participants, partners, co- instructor(s) , and EPI
* Effectively manage logistical challenges and
emergencies on course.
* Promptly complete and file paperwork associated
with each course.
* Mentor EPI interns in the developing their
skills and completing their expectations.
* Show and maintain a positive attitude.
* Desire to make a difference in the world;
* Proven field teaching and outdoor leadership experience with young
* Enthusiasm for leading student groups in remote areas;
* Spanish and English fluency;
* Bachelor's degree in biology, ecology, natural sciences, or related
* Field research experience;
* Current Wilderness First Responder or Advanced First Aid & CPR
certifications; and a
* Minimum 21 years of age.
* Master’s degree in related field;
* Experience working in remote Latin American settings;
* Knowledge and familiarity with Costa Rica, especially the Caribbean
* Proven research experience with sea turtles and rainforest ecology;
* Wilderness First Responder Certification.
Compensation: Lodging in San Jose during field season, room and board while
on course, work related in-country travel, and $50-80/day (including season
completion bonus). Instructors who have a current WFR certification will
receive an additional $10 per day.
Dates: The program season is early March through the end of July 2010.
Instructors will participate in a required unpaid training session to be
held in late February – early March in Costa Rica.
To apply send cover letter, resume, and completed EPI application (available
on-line at <http://www.ecologyp roject.org/ about/jobs/>
http://www.ecologyp roject.org/ about/jobs/) to:
Costa Rica Instructor Hiring
Ecology Project International
P.O. Box 9192
Missoula, MT, 59807 USA
(406) 721-8784 phone / (406) 721-7060 fax
<><><><><><> <><><><>< ><><><><> <><><><>< ><><><><> To leave the CTURTLE list,
send a message to: listserv@LISTS. UFL.EDU with the message: signoff CTURTLE
If you experience difficulty, send an email to:
CTURTLE-request@ LISTS.UFL. EDU
<><><><><><> <><><><>< ><><><><> <><><><>< ><><><><>
[Se han eliminado los trozos de este mensaje que no contenían texto]