Workshop.

  • Swingkitty@xxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2000
      This is to let you know that Jody and myself will be running a series of workshops on aerials. These workshops are for performance value only and not intended for those who only wish to be social dancers. The first workshop is compulsory if you wish to take the others. This first workshop will be on safety and spotting techniques for both leaders AND followers. We have made this workshop free so that anyone interested in aerials can learn safety techniques. Safety is our first concern.

      The workshops will take place at a gymnastics facility and we will be joined by national gymnist and proffessional stunt man, Brad Bennett. We've both worked with him on creating these workshops, over the past months, and I must say that he has some very good suggestions for improving the security of your lift through both partners.
      The first workshop will be held twice to ensure that no one has to miss it if they don't want to. The first workshop will be heald on Saturday January 8 at 8pm. I will e-mail directions later this week. The second run of this workshop will be determined by those who notify me that they can not make the first.

      Please bring your own partner, preferably the one you will always be doing aerials with. We will NOT be rotating partners for safety reasons. Please register by calling either 463-2169 or 772-8607.

      Thank you
      Daisy MacLean
    • Swingkitty@xxxxx.xxx