Let's show some good Toronto hospitality for the Frankie weekend!

  • Mandi
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Happy March 1st everybody!

      Today marks a special day -- we are now in Frankie Manning countdown
      mode!

      The big Frankie & Chazz weekend will take place March 31st, April
      1st and April 2nd!

      If you haven't already done so, visit http://www.dancing.org/tsds to
      get all of the details.

      Because this is such a very special event, we are welcoming many out
      of town dancers for the weekend. Let's show some strong Toronto
      hospitality!

      A big part of swing dance culture is the welcoming of guests to our
      city by offering basic housing for special events like this one.
      Lindy Hop billeters are very unassuming; they really don't expect
      much but are incredibly appreciative of a place to crash for the
      Friday and Saturday night.

      All we need to do is offer a little floor space. If you have a guest
      room, fantastic, but it's not necessary. Guests can be asked to
      bring their own air mattresses / sleeping bags / bedding / towels.
      You don't have to feed them or go out of your way; they can be
      totally independant. On the other hand, you can take this as a
      social opportunity to bond with some dancers from another city and
      it can really make the weekend that much more memorable.

      It's easy and very rewarding to host a guest or two (or 6).

      I am the volunteer Biletting Coordinator for the event. Consider
      your living quarters and the number of guests that you can host. You
      won't regret offering some good wholesome Toronto hospitality!

      Thank you to all volunteers in advance. Please contact me and we can
      discuss it in more detail.

      Mandi
      mandi@...