Odd Socks NYE Ball

  • Simon Threlkeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2005
      I thought the Ball was great.

      What a great band. It was a bonus to have two such wonderful singers, and
      the other four musicians were also totally excellent and very swinging.

      The Argo was done up really well and looked better than ever. And the little
      warm spell we had even allowed for hanging out on the balcony.

      It was delightful to see a lot of people dressed up and looking extremely
      spiffy and sharp.

      Thanks to Kim, and Donna, and Ann, Joan, Oded, Peter R, Kirsten, Andree,
      Mark, Peter K, for helping out and making the event run smoothly and well.
      And thank you everyone who handed out favours.

      I think Peter K and Peter R and Michael B did a great job DJing on the
      breaks and late night.

      Thanks to Peter R and Angela for giving the beginner lesson.

      It was good to see quite a lot of people there from out out town including
      Americans.

      The next Odd Socks live band swing dances are Saturday night January 15 and
      Saturday night February 5 at Dovercourt House, 1st Floor. Odd Socks Waltz
      Dances will be held those same Saturdays in the atfernoon.

      Simon
      http://odd-socks.org