Classes with Aidan this week!

  • Aidan Fisher
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      Hey Gang,

      Well, every 6 weeks I try to cover a lot of Lindy Hop and the introduce all
      of the other major social swing dances. Last week was Balboa, and this week
      is going to Blues. It's the first time I've taught a Blues class in this
      series, so this should be fun and new for most.

      Beginner Class - 6:30 PM
      Basics of technique. We will cover Connection, Frame and Musicality as it
      pertains to both Lindy Hop and Blues. We will also work on some of the
      basic movements involved and give everyone a taste. Hopefully body
      isolations and some cool demonstrations too.

      Technique Class - 8:00 PM
      Blues is uniquely suited for intense work with musicality, because of all
      the various social swing and jazz dances, it provides the greatest degree of
      space for improvisation and applying technique as it pertains to connection
      and frame. I will be teaching my favorite type of musicality class and
      allow leaders and followers learn the traffic signals for building on each
      other's creativity, rather then getting the mixed signals. We'll work both
      Lindy Hop and Blues rhythms. Oh yah, for those comfortable with this kind
      of stuff, I'll be showing you some of the reasons why Blues dancing is often
      the most sexy and vulnerable of the swing dances. Don't worry, it will be
      fun.

      As always, classes are held at Dovercourt House, 805 Dovercourt Road, 2nd
      Floor. (between Dufferin and Ossington - just North of Bloor), every
      Thursday night, starting at 6:30 PM. All classes are $15 each, or $40 for 4
      classes. Take any class and get the second one on the same night for just
      $5!

      Looking forward to seeing you all there!

      Aidan

      416-570-5969