BEES KNEES THURSDAY NIGHTS

  • Arthur Lulu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2003
      This week is the beginning of an exciting four week series at the
      fabulous, spacious Dovercourt Penthouse (third floor of the Dovercourt
      House). Our focus for the 4 weeks will be ENERGY. Creating energy,
      redirecting energy, energy as a group, and of course dancing with
      energy. In it's purest form Lindy Hop is an exciting high energy
      dance. The energy stems from the music of the swing era. That's where
      our focus begins.

      *** Please note that street shoes are not permitted at the Dovercourt
      Penthouse. Please bring a clean pair of non-marking shoes to change
      into. **

      - Thursdays - April 3, April 10, April 17, April 24
      - The Dovercourt Penthouse: 805 Dovercourt Rd, THIRD FLOOR (North of
      Bloor)
      - Bees Knees pricing structure: $15 Drop in, $40 for four
      consecutive weeks, $80 for a seven class ANYTIME pass

      8:30 PM The Lindy Hop Jump Session (Int/Adv) - Higher tempos will be
      an integral part of the next four weeks. The use of momentum and using
      the energy that your partner has established. The last two weeks will
      include a sequence inspired by the (grounded) movements in * A Day at
      The Races and Hellzapoppin! (We've been working hard to plan this
      one!)
      REQUIREMENTS: You've been dancing socially and taking lessons for
      about a year now. You understand the dance is about movement not
      moves. Instructor's approval required!

      7:30 PM Beyond Basics - Pump up the jam! Again we'll be focusing on
      dancing to music that swings hard. We'll get most out of our basics
      and add a lttle razzle dazzle here and there.
      REQUIREMENTS: You know your basic swingouts, circle, charleston, and
      tucks. You're ready to move on...

      6:30 PM Beginner - Even our beginner classes will be pushed to break
      the habit of just walking through the dance. We'll focus on really
      working the floor, swinging hard while keeping it clean.
      REQUIREMENTS: Session in progress. Exposure to Lindy basics required.

      * downloadable video clips available at
      http://www.natch.net/videos/index.html

      Hope to see you there!

      Arthur and Jacqui