Hello from Nairobi

  • Aristocats Dance Productions
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2001
      Sijambo lindy friends

      Just a quick hello to all of you, especially to those
      who've been enquiring with Jane as to my health
      condition, work hours, weekend hobbies, food
      preferences, and life in general in this beautiful
      part of the world that is Kenya.

      I'll make sure to answer all of your enquiries at one
      point or another, but for now I'll just say that UN
      work is keeping me busier than what I am accustomed to
      in Canada!

      For those who care to know, I'm conducting an analysis
      of effective community participation and sustainable
      stakeholder relationships in UNDP-supported
      biodiversity and ecotourism projects in Kenya. Really
      interesting work that takes me to the four corner of
      this country. The hitch--you knew one was coming--is
      that I also get to do less exciting and
      bureaucratic-heavy management work.

      Local food is in general of the quantity rather than
      the quality kind, there is lots of sun, even more
      rain, and people with rythm all around! I miss Jane a
      lot and you all have to convince her to come visit me
      soon!

      So, hope all is well with you. Have fun dancing and
      playing music, and enjoy the various workshops,
      classes, and the TOE Exchange.

      Looking forward to dance with you upon my return.

      Take care,

      Martin
      ADP

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/