Robbi Lane & the Disciples, Tyler Yarema, mystery guest today in Mississauga

  • Michael Wagner
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
      (Ed Littleford posted this to the TSDS announcement list. I thought
      some Lindy Folk might be interested to, because of Tyler & Jeff)

      For years Robbi Lane and the Disciples have been part of the Toronto
      music scene. Now they are playing each Sunday at PK's Restaurant in
      Missisauga (Dundas and Hurontario St.)

      "This weeks special guest is the # one swing piano player in Toronto.
      His name is Tyler Yarema and he is fantastic! Tyler has written
      countless songs and has a number of CD's out. He is also a very
      talented vocalist. Rumour has it that a certain "blind guitarist"
      with the same last name as the famous British sports car (sounds like
      wheelie), may accompany him on stage....So, you better make plans to
      attend and get there early for a good seat...show runs 4:30.
      Robbie Lane and his eight Disciples - perform every Sunday afternoon
      at P.K.'s Restaurant from 4:30 to 8:30 P.M.. P.K.'s is located at the
      West end of the the Parkerhill Centre building which is on the
      Northeast corner of Parkerhill and Dundas Streets in Mississauga
      (directly across the street from White Oaks Ford). Parkerhill is the
      third light West of Hurontario.

      SEE YA THERE.............."

      This sounds like fun. I am told there is a decent dance floor (I
      haven't been there myself yet) and the food aint bad either. And
      what's more it'll be done early enough that you can get a good
      night's rest and actually smile at your boss on Monday morning
      (unless of course you are the boss, in which case you can smile at
      yourself.)

      Ed
    • Michael Wagner
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
        Earlier today I posted an announcement of a gig that was sent
        to TSDS by a musician who played at our party last night. We
        believed it was accurate and re-mailed it to our own list and,
        because of who the musicians were, to the Lindy List.

        The substance was that Robbie Lane and the Disciples would
        be having some well known Toronto musicians sit in as guests.

        One of those musicians wrote to me a few minutes ago and
        said this was the first he had heard of it.

        So I guess I now don't know whether the other information
        in that posting is correct or not.

        I apologize to the musicians involved, who were surprised
        and upset to see their names being misused this way, and
        to the lindy list, for inadvertently posting misinformation.

        Michael
        Michael Wagner - michaelwagner@...