Boston

  • aqp40@notes.amdahl.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      Hi all.

      I just got an email from Gretchen (aka Stretchie) from Boston. She is
      organizing a Lindy Exchange from July 14th to July 16th. This weekend is
      not supposed to be a competition with the Ithaca Exchange, but rather a
      relaxing weekend in a Big City with a bunch o' swing events.

      The following is from Yehoodi (www.yehoodi.ny) Discussions, Events.

      ok.. we've been holding off posting until the details were finalized and
      the website is up, but I can't wait any longer!

      COME DANCE WITH US IN BOSTON THIS SUMMER!

      July 14-16, to coincide with SailBoston 2000 and the tall ships, Boston
      will be hosting out-of-town dancers from all over for "The Invasion!"

      Preliminary details:
      Friday night: DJ'd dance, Saturday: Harbor/Tall ships cruise, Live
      jazz/blues on Fan Pier, Live band dance and late-night, Sunday: outdoor
      dancing at Copley and potluck.

      The Boston lindy community is rallying to host as many dancers as
      possible. Bluellen is coordinating, so email her at Bluellens@....

      Word has been trickling out (ok...I've been babbling about it to anyone
      who would listen), and we already have responses from dancers in more
      than 11 cities. We need to have preliminary numbers as soon as
      possible for housing and venue decisions, so please email Bluellen (or
      me) asap.

      ooohhh...I'm so excited....

      This is from an email from Gretchen to me:
      The INVASION (aka "the
      Stretchie Exchange") is rolling along with a life of
      its own! We have a preliminary schedule up on Yehoodi
      and our website should be finished by tomorrow.
      Bands/events confirmed, housing being
      coordinated...it's really exciting. I had more than

      I have requested a Canadian discount at all of
      the events... (And they're cheap anyway!)

      So please come dance with us! People are coming from
      SF, LA, and Sweden (not to mention Rochester, Ithaca,
      NYC, DC, Raleigh...) Toronto must be represented
      (besides, you guys are my favorites!)

      Keep spreading the word.

      Stretchie