Here is your Toronto Swing Dancing 411 for the week of Feb 18th-Feb 24th 2013

  • torontolindy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hi Everyone,

      Here is your Swing dancing 411:

      Tuesday (Today): The Hive Social (Bees Knees Dance) Lindy Hop & Rock n' Roll

      Location:750 Yonge St.
      8:10pm – Free drop-in lesson for Beginners
      9:15pm – Hive Social begins
      11:30pm – approximate wrap time

      $3 rental donations into the BKD Payment Piggy welcome

      Wednesday (Feb 20th): UT-Swing February Community dance with "Solomon Douglas Quintet"

      We have the honor of bringing in the Solomon Douglas Quintet, featuring Alison Dreyfuss, on February 20th! As usual we will have our beginner drop-in lesson from 7-8 PM, but this time we get three solid, swingin' hours with Solomon from 8-11PM! Band break DJ TBA.

      Location: Hart House East Common Room, 7 Hart House Circle
      Time: 7-11PM
      Lesson from 7-8, band from 8-11PM
      Cost: $5 for students and members, $8 for non-members

      Friday: Montreal Smoked Meat Workshop Weekend Starts with Friday night dance with "Solmon Douglas Quintet"

      Toronto Lindy Hop is very excited to kick off the "Smoked Meat Workshop weekend with Alain Wong & Gen St-Lo" with the totally awesome "Solomon Douglas Quuntet"!!

      The Band:
      Voice: Alison Dreyfuss
      Piano: Solomon Douglas
      Guitar: Glenn Crytzer
      Bass: Rob McBride
      Drums: Jeff Halischuk
      Location: Joy of Dance Studio — 95 Danforth Ave, 3rd Floor

      Cost: $15 at the door (if you have not purchased a weekend pass)

      Saturday Night: Saturday Night Swing Montreal Smoked meat Edition features "Terra Hazelton Swing Band" with Quebec Themed Dance

      Coming in something Quebec themed is encouraged. For example wearing white and blue. Toronto Lindy Hop presents a Quebec and Montreal Smoked Meat theme for this night, which is the Saturday Night Party of the Montreal Smoked Meat Lindy Hop Workshop Weekend presented by Toronto Lindy Hop!

      Beginner classes before the Party 7pm to 9pm. Charleston 7pm, Lindy Hop 8pm.
      Location: Dovercourt House(805 Dovercourt Rd)

      Swing Dance Party 9:10pm to 1am featuring the Terra Hazelton Swing Band!
      DJ Jasper Palfree when the band is not playing.

      Cost: $13 with dance, $15 with one lesson, $18 with two, $3 off for full-time Students. (Dance included with weekend pass for the workshop)

      Saturday Late Night: featuring the best djs Toronto can offer!
      1:30am — 4am at the Bees Knees Hive — 750 Yonge Street (above the Shoe Company)
      $7 at the door

      Sunday (Feb 24th): New Orleans Connection All Stars @ Grossmans Tavern

      Time: 4:30pm-8pm
      Cost: FREE
      Room to dance!

      Have fun everyone!!!!

      Upcoming Important dates to remember...

      Frankie Manning Tribute Weekend-May 24th-26th

      Have a super week!!