What's happening for Swing in Toronto Jan 16th-Jan 20th

  • torontolindy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2013
      Hi Everyone,

      Sorry for the Delay on getting your weekly 411 out, I was out of town but I'm back and here is what is going on for the rest of the week.

      Tonight: UT-Swing Weekly Dance

      Now that you've had a week to get your dance legs, it's time to kick it into high gear! We're back at Cartwright Hall this week with a lesson from 7-8 followed by social dancing from 8-10PM. Also note that this week we're back to normal drop-in prices, or buy a membership for the term!

      Location: Cartwright Hall, 44 Devonshire Place (http://bit.ly/qe8Dk4) When you enter the building, it is up the stairs, straight ahead.
      Time: 7:00 - 10:00 pm
      Teachers: Brian and Hannah
      DJs: Jessica and Alexander
      Price: Drop-in for $4/$5 or buy a membership for $20/$30 (students/non-students). Members get in for free!

      Irene Torres and the Sugar Devils at the Monarch Pub (Delta Chelsea Hotel)

      No Cover
      Blues Music
      Lots of Room to dance

      Friday (Jan 18th): Raoul and the Big time at the El Mocambo

      Raoul and The Big Time perform a night of danceable jumpin' and swingin' blues with many special guests including 2013 Maple Blues Nominee from Vancouver STEVE KOZAK and Toronto blues veteran and guitar wizard Terry Blersh among many!

      Raoul and The Big Time (Maple Blues Award, NOW Magazine Best Blues Artist winners) bring their second blues event back to one of the cities most legendary music venues THE EL MACOMBO!

      Raoul and The Big Time are:

      Raoul Bhaneja -vocals, harp and guitar
      Darren Gallen- guitar
      Tom Bona- drums
      Terry Wilkins- upright bass

      BLUES SUMMIT SIX weekend also means lots of guests from across the country coming to enjoy the blues. Join Raoul and The Big Time for their final show of the winter in Toronto and let's see who other blues friends from across the nation drop by!

      Tickets are available at the door and are only $10!

      Show starts 9:45pm!

      Saturday (January 19th): Saturday Night Swing presents: "Combo Royale"

      Beginner classes before the Party, Charleston 7pm, Lindy Hop 8pm. Teachers Kevin Milller of Bees Knees Dance and Marvelous Martha.

      Swing Party 9:10pm to 1am featuring the swinging band Combo Royale!
      DJs when the band is on break: David Trihn and Amanda Bell.

      Party $13, $15 with one class, $18 with both, $3 off for full-time students.

      Location: Dovercourt House

      Sunday (Jan 20th): New Orleans Connection Allstars at Grossmans Tavern

      No Cover and lots of room to dance

      Up and coming Workshops:

      UT-Swing 6th annual Toronto University eXchange::TUX in Wonderland

      TLH Montreal Smoked Meat Workshop Weekend w/Alain Wong & Gen St-Lo!

      Frankie Manning Tribute Weekend in Toronto May 24th-26th

      Have a great week!