1930's Swing and Blues Party-Kensington Market June 7th!
- Waterfalls Indian Tapas (Kensington Market) ~ 303 Augusta Ave ~ M5T 2M2
"Engaging LINDY & TAP Dancers with uplifting moments of soulful Swing!"
1930's SWING & BLUES DANCE Party!
***A Jam for ALL Lindy and Tap Dancers***
Featuring: the JANICE HAGAN SWINGTET
Music Director / trumpeter: *New Orleans-trained *William Sperandei*
Special guest: *New Orleans-trained pianist* MBOYA NICHOLSON
· $10 cover
· Tiled-floor venue
· 1930's Swing
- Mardi Gras Blues (with a 30s Kansas City or NYC Swing pulse)
· Top performers:
- The incomparable Janice Hagan and her band ruled the Thurs night Swing scene
at the Reservoir Lounge for 12 yrs!
- The trumpeter/Music Director of the band (William Sperandei) was trained in
New Orleans by Ellis Marsalis, toured with 9-time Grammy winner, Wynton
Marsalis, performed with members of the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, led a
band featuring members from the Grammy winning Harry Connick Jr. Orchestra, Is a
veteran of several Juno winning bands, And was part of a small band that opened
for Jazz legend, Herbie Hancock
- Guest pianist, Mboya Nicholson was also trained in New Orleans by Ellis
Marsalis, has performed with members of the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, and
is heavily influenced by the stride piano of Fats Waller and the Swing stylings
of Duke Ellington
· Dance on your feet, or in your seat!!!
· Resto-Bar-Lounge - Indian fusion... glug-glug-glug & yummmmm!!! (Come early /
have dinner / support the venue)
· Short songs - lots of variety for dancers!!!
· Everything in dance-friendly, 4-4 (Swing) time!!!
· Stride / swing piano heightens that authentic feel!!!
· Varied-tempo selections for accommodate dancers of varying experiences
- Mid-tempo swing
- Fast numbers
- Slow "sexy" numbers
***NOTE: we NEED 70 people to RSVP by DEADLINE: June 5th if the venue is to hold
Interested??? Please RSVP by joining our Facebook event page:
TorontoJazzBuzz engages JAZZ fans with uplifting moments of soulful Swing!