May's Frim-Fram Friday Theme Revealed: Speakeasy! THIS Friday, May 4th

  • Hogtown Swing Dance Studio
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012
      ~ Speakeasy Night: Gangsters & Flappers ~

      Come out and dance to the music of the 1920's, 30's and 40's, as we celebrate the Flapper/Gangster, Hot Jazz & Big Band Era. Everyone is encouraged to come dressed in the period clothes of spats, hats, beaded dresses, etc and can win a prize for best costume. (However, costumes are NOT mandatory!)

      So gents, pull out those dapper hats and canes, and dames, find that perfect feather for your hair and don your pearls and come on out to at a vintage-style gala that will have you dustin' the dance floor all night long! All Tommy Guns will have to be checked at the door.

      Date: Friday, May 4, 2012
      Location: Joy of Dance Studio, 95 Danforth Ave., 4th Floor (near Broadview Station)

      Workshops:
      8:30-9:15p Snazzy Jazzy Swing (Beginner-friendly)
      9:15-10p Ritzy Glitzy Tricks & Hits (Intermediate)

      Social Dance:
      10p-12a DJ Social Dance (All the greatest hits of the Hot Jazz Era at its finest!)

      Cost:
      $10 - one workshop (dance admission included)
      $15 - both workshops (dance admission included)
      $10 - just the dance

      *No partner required.

      **Doorprizes, Costume Contests, Food, Drinks and more!!!**