Waterloo in August: 3 big events!

  • KW Swing Dance Society
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2008
      August is the last month of the summer, and we're going to take advantage
      while the weather's still good! Well, on the days when it's not raining at
      least. We've got 3 big events coming up, and the first one is already next
      weekend. Come on our for some dancing before the September madness rolls
      around... As usual check out www.waterlooswing.com for all the details.

      *Dance It Up at the KBF*
      *Aug 8-10*
      The Kitchener Blues Festival <http://www.kitchenerbluesfestival.com/> in
      downtown Kitchener is a great event every year, and in 2008 we've got
      something extra going on. Two great dance events on Saturday: a Swing and
      Blues Dance Show (including a performance by the Waterloo Swing Crew) at
      2:45, and a picnic dinner in Victoria Park at 4:30. We've even got a great
      pamphlet done up with the best bands to dance to all weekend!
      http://waterlooswing.com/docs/2008KBFpamphlet.pdf

      *KWSDS Monthly Dance*
      *Fri Aug 15*
      Our last monthly dance of the summer, including beginner and intermediate
      lessons, and DJ Brooke is visiting from Toronto! As usual we are at the KW
      Naval Association, 8:00 to 12:00, and the cost is $8 ($6 students/seniors).

      *Summer Party Dance Potluck*
      *Sun Aug 17*
      Sometimes it's nice to get together for something other than dancing... so
      we're going to have an afternoon and evening of food, dancing, and
      socializing. This is a great chance to get to know others in the swing dance
      scene, and for the KWSDS to show our appreciation to everyone. We'll have
      burgers and drinks; please bring something to share and come relax with us!
      Location is at Jimmy's house, 325 Keewatin Ave Kitchener, 3:00 to 10:00.

      Hope to see everyone out!

      Martin,
      KWSDS

      --
      www.waterlooswing.com

      The Kitchener-Waterloo Swing Dance Society is a not-for-profit association
      whose mission is to preserve and promote swing dancing in the Waterloo
      Region.