Re: [torchwood] Re: Jack / Ianto thoughts

  • Elizabeth Holden
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
      Amanda said:

      > Thanks for the thoughts on Ianto... I really like
      > his character.

      I do too. We don't get to know him very well but I
      love his formal manner combined with his cute sense of
      humour. And those great Welsh vowels. I loved
      "Cyberwoman" as an episode but I think it was
      "Countricide" where I really came to love Ianto as
      both a man and a hero.

      > Hmmmm, good idea. I have John's Cole Porter CD... I
      > have to look into
      > that and see if anything fits with the video clips I
      > have.

      Yes!

      > Guess what I'm doing tonight? ;-)

      May the force be with you.

      >(I am actually working on another
      > Jack vid now that I have Doctor Who too.)

      Oh, cool! (Jack/Doctor is my favourite pairing.)

      namaste,
      Elizabeth
    • Jackie Moleski
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
        debrabant_foundation wrote:

        > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > Elizabeth Holden <azurite@...> wrote:
        >
        > > The music vids I most love are the ones that use John
        > > Barrowman songs, especially the Cole Porter CD. I
        > > wish he'd recorded "I Get a Kick Out of You" - I think
        > > that one would be terrific for Jack, especially the
        > > verse:
        >
        > Thanks for the thoughts on Ianto... I really like his character.
        >
        > Hmmmm, good idea. I have John's Cole Porter CD... I have to look into
        > that and see if anything fits with the video clips I have.
        >
        > Guess what I'm doing tonight? ;-) (I am actually working on another
        > Jack vid now that I have Doctor Who too.)
        >
        > -Amanda
        >
        > __.I have

        I have several ideas for *Doctor Who* vids (both classic and new series
        clips). I'm hoping to get some help from my cousin to put them together
        (not to mention how I'll upload them to the net!).

        But some ideas I have are:

        Song title: "Slime Creatures from Outer Space"
        Artist: Weird Al Yankovic
        vid style: funny
        Comments: Come on, with lyrics like "things just haven't been the same,
        since the flying saucers came" and "They were fuzzy, they were mean,
        biggest heads I've ever seen". It's a natural.
        Years and years ago, I thought this song would be fun for an *X-files*
        vid, but it's even more appropriate for *DW*.

        Song title: Baby Grand
        Artist: Billy Joel & Ray Charles
        vid style: serious but not angsty
        Comments: Who (or what) is the ONE constant in the Doctor's life? What
        he's *always* relied on? Why the TARDIS of course. So I'd like to take
        the Joel/Charles duet about a piano being the love of their lives and
        use it for DW.
        By the bye-- anyone who can *remember* good TARDIS scenes, feel free to
        e-mail me on or off list. I plan on using McCoy's scene in the McGann
        movie, as well as other scenes (both interiors and exteriors) but I'm
        having a hard time remembering specific episodes.
        Two scenes I'm looking for-- Davison standing behind the console,
        nothing happens, he hits the console with his hand, and THEN it starts
        going up and down. I definately remember it, but I can't figure out the
        ep. And the Colin Baker ep where we find out the TARDIS has seat belts
        (he and Peri hook-up to the console using something that looks like a
        bungee cord).

        So-- good ideas?

        Thanks,

        --Jackie