Re: [torchwood] Re: Jack / Ianto thoughts

  • Elizabeth Holden
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
      --- donutsweeps <donutsweeps@...> wrote:

      > There is the slightest hint
      > that they have something from the very beginning,
      > when Jack introduces Ianto to Gwen when he says
      > "and he looks good in a suit"
      > to which Ianto replies (with a smile) "Careful,
      > that's harassment sir."

      Flirting. I take it that Jack has been casually
      flirting with Ianto all along, Ianto has been enjoying
      it without taking it seriously.

      > Jack is trying to raise Ianto over the comms and
      > says something about
      > wanting to hear Ianto's lovely Welch vowels or
      > something like that, it could be taken jokeingly,

      I always like that line because I love Ianto's accent
      too. I put that down to more flirting on Jack's part
      - he is *just beginning* to think something's wrong in
      the Hub and is keeping it light because he's starting
      to worry.

      > And I agree, I'd love to see Ianto more, he barely
      > appears in a lot of the episodes

      I watched one episode with a friend who'd never seen
      the show and she asked me, "Does Ianto ever get to
      speak?" That was in "Combat", where I thought he had
      more lines than usual!

      So what is Ianto's best line? I rather like "Of
      course, bananas are far more interesting," but he does
      have some other lovely ones. Hmm. No, I retract that,
      I think my favourite might be "gloves come in pairs".
      And the classic: "I still have my stopwatch."

      namaste,
      Elizabeth
    • Elizabeth Holden
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
        Amanda said:

        > Thanks for the thoughts on Ianto... I really like
        > his character.

        I do too. We don't get to know him very well but I
        love his formal manner combined with his cute sense of
        humour. And those great Welsh vowels. I loved
        "Cyberwoman" as an episode but I think it was
        "Countricide" where I really came to love Ianto as
        both a man and a hero.

        > Hmmmm, good idea. I have John's Cole Porter CD... I
        > have to look into
        > that and see if anything fits with the video clips I
        > have.

        Yes!

        > Guess what I'm doing tonight? ;-)

        May the force be with you.

        >(I am actually working on another
        > Jack vid now that I have Doctor Who too.)

        Oh, cool! (Jack/Doctor is my favourite pairing.)

        namaste,
        Elizabeth
      • Jackie Moleski
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
          debrabant_foundation wrote:

          > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > Elizabeth Holden <azurite@...> wrote:
          >
          > > The music vids I most love are the ones that use John
          > > Barrowman songs, especially the Cole Porter CD. I
          > > wish he'd recorded "I Get a Kick Out of You" - I think
          > > that one would be terrific for Jack, especially the
          > > verse:
          >
          > Thanks for the thoughts on Ianto... I really like his character.
          >
          > Hmmmm, good idea. I have John's Cole Porter CD... I have to look into
          > that and see if anything fits with the video clips I have.
          >
          > Guess what I'm doing tonight? ;-) (I am actually working on another
          > Jack vid now that I have Doctor Who too.)
          >
          > -Amanda
          >
          > __.I have

          I have several ideas for *Doctor Who* vids (both classic and new series
          clips). I'm hoping to get some help from my cousin to put them together
          (not to mention how I'll upload them to the net!).

          But some ideas I have are:

          Song title: "Slime Creatures from Outer Space"
          Artist: Weird Al Yankovic
          vid style: funny
          Comments: Come on, with lyrics like "things just haven't been the same,
          since the flying saucers came" and "They were fuzzy, they were mean,
          biggest heads I've ever seen". It's a natural.
          Years and years ago, I thought this song would be fun for an *X-files*
          vid, but it's even more appropriate for *DW*.

          Song title: Baby Grand
          Artist: Billy Joel & Ray Charles
          vid style: serious but not angsty
          Comments: Who (or what) is the ONE constant in the Doctor's life? What
          he's *always* relied on? Why the TARDIS of course. So I'd like to take
          the Joel/Charles duet about a piano being the love of their lives and
          use it for DW.
          By the bye-- anyone who can *remember* good TARDIS scenes, feel free to
          e-mail me on or off list. I plan on using McCoy's scene in the McGann
          movie, as well as other scenes (both interiors and exteriors) but I'm
          having a hard time remembering specific episodes.
          Two scenes I'm looking for-- Davison standing behind the console,
          nothing happens, he hits the console with his hand, and THEN it starts
          going up and down. I definately remember it, but I can't figure out the
          ep. And the Colin Baker ep where we find out the TARDIS has seat belts
          (he and Peri hook-up to the console using something that looks like a
          bungee cord).

          So-- good ideas?

          Thanks,

          --Jackie