Re: Jack / Ianto thoughts

  • debrabant_foundation
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Holden <azurite@...> wrote:

      > The music vids I most love are the ones that use John
      > Barrowman songs, especially the Cole Porter CD. I
      > wish he'd recorded "I Get a Kick Out of You" - I think
      > that one would be terrific for Jack, especially the
      > verse:

      Thanks for the thoughts on Ianto... I really like his character.

      Hmmmm, good idea. I have John's Cole Porter CD... I have to look into
      that and see if anything fits with the video clips I have.

      Guess what I'm doing tonight? ;-) (I am actually working on another
      Jack vid now that I have Doctor Who too.)

      -Amanda
    • donutsweeps
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "debrabant_foundation"
        <debrabant_foundation@...> wrote:

        > I was thinking... I haven't watched all the eps yet (had some
        > distractions)
        > But... other than the "mouth to mouth" Jack gives Ianto in
        Cyberwoman,
        > is there any other on screen indications of anything going on
        between
        > them until the end of They Keep Killing Suzie? Ianto still seems
        quite
        > shaken up in Countrycide and he isn't really in Small World too
        much
        > (cept when both he and Jack find each other at the Hub at night,
        but
        > neither seems to be expecting the other to be there)
        > I didn't see anything. So it seems to just come out of nowhere.

        I had always wondered that as well. There is the slightest hint
        that they have something from the very beginning, when Jack
        introduces Ianto to Gwen when he says "and he looks good in a suit"
        to which Ianto replies (with a smile) "Careful, that's harassment
        sir." But there is an easy banter, a teasing way about it...
        then in the second episode when they are all discussing Jack's sex
        life over chinese food, Tosh says Owen think's Jack is gay, but she
        thinks he'll shag anything thats gorgeous and Ianto says "And I
        don't care" very quickly, almost too quickly.
        Obviously in both those scenes he still has Lisa, so is probably not
        involved with Jack in anyway but maybe it implies the undertones are
        there.

        > Did I miss something. We go from Ianto clearly being in love with
        Lisa
        > (that was her name, right?) in Cyberwoman, to him making a not-so-
        > clearly veiled proposition to Jack at the end of They Keep Killing
        > Suzie.
        >
        > I know I probably missed something. I would love to see the
        character
        > of Ianto explored a bit more. He really intrigues me. Any
        thoughts?

        The only other thing I can think of is in "Cyberwoman" when Jack is
        trying to raise Ianto over the comms and says something about
        wanting to hear Ianto's lovely Welch vowels or something like that,
        it could be taken jokeingly, or perhaps alluding to something else.
        But, Jack seemed happily suprised by Ianto's suggestion at the end
        of "They keep killing Susie" so I don't think you (or I) missed any
        overt clues regarding the relationship between Jack and Ianto.
        And I agree, I'd love to see Ianto more, he barely appears in a lot
        of the episodes
        > Oh, and on that note... I am working on a video for Ianto and I
        can't
        > seem to come up with a song. Any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks!
        > -Amanda

      • Elizabeth Holden
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
          --- donutsweeps <donutsweeps@...> wrote:

          > There is the slightest hint
          > that they have something from the very beginning,
          > when Jack introduces Ianto to Gwen when he says
          > "and he looks good in a suit"
          > to which Ianto replies (with a smile) "Careful,
          > that's harassment sir."

          Flirting. I take it that Jack has been casually
          flirting with Ianto all along, Ianto has been enjoying
          it without taking it seriously.

          > Jack is trying to raise Ianto over the comms and
          > says something about
          > wanting to hear Ianto's lovely Welch vowels or
          > something like that, it could be taken jokeingly,

          I always like that line because I love Ianto's accent
          too. I put that down to more flirting on Jack's part
          - he is *just beginning* to think something's wrong in
          the Hub and is keeping it light because he's starting
          to worry.

          > And I agree, I'd love to see Ianto more, he barely
          > appears in a lot of the episodes

          I watched one episode with a friend who'd never seen
          the show and she asked me, "Does Ianto ever get to
          speak?" That was in "Combat", where I thought he had
          more lines than usual!

          So what is Ianto's best line? I rather like "Of
          course, bananas are far more interesting," but he does
          have some other lovely ones. Hmm. No, I retract that,
          I think my favourite might be "gloves come in pairs".
          And the classic: "I still have my stopwatch."

          namaste,
          Elizabeth
        • Elizabeth Holden
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
            Amanda said:

            > Thanks for the thoughts on Ianto... I really like
            > his character.

            I do too. We don't get to know him very well but I
            love his formal manner combined with his cute sense of
            humour. And those great Welsh vowels. I loved
            "Cyberwoman" as an episode but I think it was
            "Countricide" where I really came to love Ianto as
            both a man and a hero.

            > Hmmmm, good idea. I have John's Cole Porter CD... I
            > have to look into
            > that and see if anything fits with the video clips I
            > have.

            Yes!

            > Guess what I'm doing tonight? ;-)

            May the force be with you.

            >(I am actually working on another
            > Jack vid now that I have Doctor Who too.)

            Oh, cool! (Jack/Doctor is my favourite pairing.)

            namaste,
            Elizabeth
          • Jackie Moleski
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
              debrabant_foundation wrote:

              > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > Elizabeth Holden <azurite@...> wrote:
              >
              > > The music vids I most love are the ones that use John
              > > Barrowman songs, especially the Cole Porter CD. I
              > > wish he'd recorded "I Get a Kick Out of You" - I think
              > > that one would be terrific for Jack, especially the
              > > verse:
              >
              > Thanks for the thoughts on Ianto... I really like his character.
              >
              > Hmmmm, good idea. I have John's Cole Porter CD... I have to look into
              > that and see if anything fits with the video clips I have.
              >
              > Guess what I'm doing tonight? ;-) (I am actually working on another
              > Jack vid now that I have Doctor Who too.)
              >
              > -Amanda
              >
              > __.I have

              I have several ideas for *Doctor Who* vids (both classic and new series
              clips). I'm hoping to get some help from my cousin to put them together
              (not to mention how I'll upload them to the net!).

              But some ideas I have are:

              Song title: "Slime Creatures from Outer Space"
              Artist: Weird Al Yankovic
              vid style: funny
              Comments: Come on, with lyrics like "things just haven't been the same,
              since the flying saucers came" and "They were fuzzy, they were mean,
              biggest heads I've ever seen". It's a natural.
              Years and years ago, I thought this song would be fun for an *X-files*
              vid, but it's even more appropriate for *DW*.

              Song title: Baby Grand
              Artist: Billy Joel & Ray Charles
              vid style: serious but not angsty
              Comments: Who (or what) is the ONE constant in the Doctor's life? What
              he's *always* relied on? Why the TARDIS of course. So I'd like to take
              the Joel/Charles duet about a piano being the love of their lives and
              use it for DW.
              By the bye-- anyone who can *remember* good TARDIS scenes, feel free to
              e-mail me on or off list. I plan on using McCoy's scene in the McGann
              movie, as well as other scenes (both interiors and exteriors) but I'm
              having a hard time remembering specific episodes.
              Two scenes I'm looking for-- Davison standing behind the console,
              nothing happens, he hits the console with his hand, and THEN it starts
              going up and down. I definately remember it, but I can't figure out the
              ep. And the Colin Baker ep where we find out the TARDIS has seat belts
              (he and Peri hook-up to the console using something that looks like a
              bungee cord).

              So-- good ideas?

              Thanks,

              --Jackie