Torchwood-art: Movie Poster Spoofs

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Torchwood-art: Movie Poster Spoofs
      Title: Torchwood Movie Poster Spoofs
      Artist: Silver
      Website: <http://silver.glasscases.net>http://silver.glasscases.net
      Pairing: Jack/Ianto (sometimes)

      Notes: I've been bored and looking for an icon for myself, so I started
      dabbling with Photoshop and before I knew it I started making Torchwood
      movie poster spoofs! I was having way too much fun with it, I guess, so
      here's the result of my work.

      []

      This is my favorite one so far. I was actually debating making it "Diff
      City" but I figured that would confuse most people... haha. My biggest
      qualm with this is that I had to put Ianto in the center since that seems a
      bit OOC, but for some reason his promo shot is larger than everyone else's
      and ends just below his knees. That, and Jack just had to be placed there
      with his awesome gun-pose. Other than that, I just think it's perfect!

      []

      I loooove this one. Of course I screwed up several times when making it
      since it was my first one, such as working on a way too small scale for
      starters (I had icons in mind) and then saving resized and with all layers
      flattened! >.< But I liked the motif so much that I remade it. I might
      tweak it a bit more later, but I still love it.

      []

      This one just cracks me up... Hahaha, I think it speaks for itself. I had
      to mess quite a bit with it to get the sunset feel and I still fear I might
      have failed. Oh well... Hand-painting the "Gone with the Wind"-style
      background was fun though.

      []

      I know, I know, the BBM jokes are getting old, but I still thought this had
      to be made. Countrycide is just so pretty, landscape-wise and they just
      have the right facial expressions and everything! So there, bear with me.

      []

      That one's just silly! I actually wanted to use caps from Out of Time for
      that, but somehow Ianto didn't really look nice in any of them... I was
      sorta looking for that stunned OMGWTF look Ashton has on the poster. I then
      settled for Countrycide and made Jack the protagonist. That, and I kinda
      wanted to change the title and Ianto only would have lost his car, no? *g*

      []

      I've been meaning to do that ever since I've seen Countrycide. I mean,
      doesn't this simply BEG for it?

      []

      Basically the same version as the the icon, just bigger. I didn't really
      have good enough caps nor a suitable font, so the result is a bit
      mediorcre. Technically, it's not even the movie poster, so... yeah.
      Including it for completeness' sake.

      Okay! And now the icon round-up! Those are the ones that are free for grabs
      with proper credit!

      []
      []
      []
      []
      []

      And then two (well one, actually) I made because I kinda had this silly
      idea stuck in my head for a while. Technically, it doesn't belong here, but
      where else would I post it?

      []
      []

      <http://community.livejournal.com/not_gold/10496.html>

    • debrabant_foundation
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
        Awesome manips... I cant get onto LJ at work (they have it blocked) so
        I just had the chance to check them out.

        -Amanda