Re: [torchwood] MD

  • dizzheart
    Message 1 of 46 , Sep 16, 2013
      Good points all :)  The last I read of RTD, he was working on Wizards and Aliens, his UK kid series.  He now has ssome involvement with Old Jack's Boat, another kid series with Bernard Cribbins and Freeman Agyeman.

      I haven't seen anything about his personal life in ages.  I expect he's gone private about it.

      Janice

      In a message dated 9/16/2013 12:31:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Freebajor@... writes:
      I wouldn't sound the death knell on Torchwood just yet.  I mean, Russell T. Davies has had his own problems going on in his personal life, what with his partner being sick and all, so I cut him some major slack when it came to Miracle Day.  If he should decide to go on to other projects and quit doing Torchwood then that's fine, but one of my other favorite Brit shows was gone for the better part of a decade or more, and when it came back it seemed none the worse for taking all that time off (mostly because they deliberately chose to ignore the last series, which WAS a piece of crud).

      If Torchwood does go the way of the dodo then I'll be sad, but I'm not going to give up hope just because Miracle Day wasn't the best.

    • kaki_four
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 17, 2013
        I am so enjoying this discussion. I can't stand Gwen, never could for all the reasons listed - mean, selfish, but touted as perfect. I think I could have handled the mean and selfish if she'd not been considered wonderful, if she;d had some redeeming characteristic.

        I haven;t seen Even in much, so no comments from me on that.

        I too wonder what made RTD fall for her and mess up the show so badly. I still miss Ianto, but after all these years I'm finally reading Janto again.

        Did not watch MD again; once was enough. I am watching the eps from the 1st two seasons that I have saved.

        Kaki

        ---- "pfyre@..." <pfyre@...> wrote:
        > The truth behind the origins of 'Torchwood' or 'Excalibur' as it was originally titled when first pedaled to TPTB at the BBC by RTD has been discussed, dissected, debated and bandied about since pretty much since Torchwood premiered on BBC3.

        big snip