Re: [torchwood] Captain Jack's RAF blue Great Coat on Auction

  • scott mccowan
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
      Came up with a fan made comic where he, Domino, Green Arrow, Black Lightning, Donna Troy, Hawkeye, and Misty Knight are part of a Marvel/DC Team up under Heroes for Hire.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
        I wouldn't count out Torchwood just yet. For one thing, Russell T Davies is still dealing with his partner's illness as well as projects that he had signed on to do before his partner got sick, and once things settle down, who knows? He might decide to TW all over again. If he does, great, but I'm not going to be like some of the Negative Nellies I've seen around who have all but rung the death knell for the show. Also, that greatcoat is more than likely one of many that were used during the series; as I recall, they had differing lengths for when Capt. Jack was standing still, or when he was running, so it could be any one of them.

        Steph

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
          I would love to see torchwood return.  What would be cool would be his brother had small part in the happenings from the last season.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
            Um, Desperate Housewives, season 6? John played this really evil terrorist type who was making threats against Drea de Matteo's character and her family. He only showed up in a couple of episodes (although his character was referenced throughout the season), and while I hesitate to say exactly what happened, I will say that he met a rather spectacular end.

            Steph

            We can only hope, but I think we should just forget about this happening until or if it does. John is appearing in the Arrow series now. His character is nothing like

            Captain Jack Harkness, and we get to see him portray evil for a change. As long as we get to see John, I don't care whether or not it's as Captain Jack as long as
            he portrays a strong character, either good or bad.

            Robbie

          • R Hall
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 15, 2013
              I don't think I'm sounding the death knell for Torchwood.  I'm just accepting the fact that we may never see it again.  It will be great if we do, providing the new stuff will be more like what we've always loved about the show.  Some fans liked "Miracle Day"; some fans did not, of which I am one.  We all have the privilege of expressing our feelings about it, one way or the other.

              Robbie

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 15, 2013
                Yes, he did meet a rather spectacular end.  Hopefully, that won't happen in Arrow or in Torchwood if we ever see it again.

                Robbie