Re: [torchwood] Re: Will Torchwood Ever Return

  • dizzheart@aol.com
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 19, 2012
      In a message dated 12/19/2012 4:34:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      snark_angel@... writes:

      "Children of Earth" was okay, IMO, but it wasn't as good as the first two
      Torchwood seasons. I saw Jack's sacrifice of his grandson as something
      over which he had no control, so it didn't tarnish his image for me. Losing
      Ianto was a big deal to me. If the show suffered damage from CEO, "Miracle
      Day" finished the job. >>>

      I too wish the original team had remained intact somehow. Although Tosh
      and Owen had "good deaths" (i. e., real pain, real sacrifice, real meaning -
      unlike Tasha Yar's death which made no sense on any level), it seemed odd
      to me that there was no effort made to replace them, leaving empty slots on
      the team. And then we lost Ianto, who was one of my favorite characters,
      and Gwen and Jack had to carry the show (I don't count the Americans, they
      were mostly badly written stick figures). The show lost most of its
      character interest and that's never been fixed. So I'm not sure I would want it
      back, if it comes back in the same lame condition.

      Janice

    • kaki_four
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 17 5:13 PM
        I am so enjoying this discussion. I can't stand Gwen, never could for all the reasons listed - mean, selfish, but touted as perfect. I think I could have handled the mean and selfish if she'd not been considered wonderful, if she;d had some redeeming characteristic.

        I haven;t seen Even in much, so no comments from me on that.

        I too wonder what made RTD fall for her and mess up the show so badly. I still miss Ianto, but after all these years I'm finally reading Janto again.

        Did not watch MD again; once was enough. I am watching the eps from the 1st two seasons that I have saved.

        Kaki

        ---- "pfyre@..." <pfyre@...> wrote:
        > The truth behind the origins of 'Torchwood' or 'Excalibur' as it was originally titled when first pedaled to TPTB at the BBC by RTD has been discussed, dissected, debated and bandied about since pretty much since Torchwood premiered on BBC3.

        big snip