Re: [torchwood] Re: Will Torchwood Ever Return

  • R Hall
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 19, 2012
      "Children of Earth" was okay, IMO, but it wasn't as good as the first two Torchwood seasons.  I saw Jack's sacrifice of his grandson as something over which he had no control, so it didn't tarnish his image for me.  Losing Ianto was a big deal to me.  If the show suffered damage from CEO, "Miracle Day" finished the job.

      Still hoping, though....

      Robbie

      >________________________________

    • kaki_four
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 17, 2013
        I am so enjoying this discussion. I can't stand Gwen, never could for all the reasons listed - mean, selfish, but touted as perfect. I think I could have handled the mean and selfish if she'd not been considered wonderful, if she;d had some redeeming characteristic.

        I haven;t seen Even in much, so no comments from me on that.

        I too wonder what made RTD fall for her and mess up the show so badly. I still miss Ianto, but after all these years I'm finally reading Janto again.

        Did not watch MD again; once was enough. I am watching the eps from the 1st two seasons that I have saved.

        Kaki

        ---- "pfyre@..." <pfyre@...> wrote:
        > The truth behind the origins of 'Torchwood' or 'Excalibur' as it was originally titled when first pedaled to TPTB at the BBC by RTD has been discussed, dissected, debated and bandied about since pretty much since Torchwood premiered on BBC3.

        big snip