Re: [torchwood] Captain Jack's RAF blue Great Coat on Auction

  • dizzheart@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 13, 2012
      In a message dated 12/13/2012 7:32:36 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      pattikoala@... writes:

      oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can not even look at the site because the cost
      would be way out of my league

      still LOVE THE COAT >>>>

      I'll take the coat, to wear in Sarah Jane's car :)

      Sigh. Only if Santa Claus is exceptionally generous :(

      Janice

    • R Hall
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
        This tells me that we won't be seeing any new Torchwood episodes.  Do you agree or disagree?

        Robbie

        >________________________________

      • dizzheart
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
          In a message dated 1/9/2013 3:37:42 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          snark_angel@... writes:

          This tells me that we won't be seeing any new Torchwood episodes. Do you
          agree or disagree?

          Robbie >>

          Well, we knew that. If Torchwood isn't totally dead, I think it's in for a
          long, long hiatus at the very least. The momentum has passed.

          It could be revived, of course, but it would be a revival, not a
          continuation. Or so it seems to me.

          I'm not totally unhappy with that. I loved the first two seasons' fun,
          and I was in awe of Children of Earth, but I thought Miracle Day was meh --
          and if it were revived to be like Miracle Day, I'd just as soon skip it.

          Janice

        • Amazon X
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
            I disagree. I think that they'll make a whole series of new coats for
            John if and when Torchwood starts filming again. The only real RAF coat
            he wore was in the The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances episodes. And the
            coat was wool, which he's allergic to. So his subsequent coats were
            custom made. They'll do it again.

            On 1/9/2013 6:37 PM, R Hall wrote:
            > This tells me that we won't be seeing any new Torchwood episodes. Do you agree or disagree?
            >
            > Robbie
            >

            >> ________________________________

          • R Hall
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
              I agree.  I think we won't see it again.  If we do, I won't bother with it if it's a continuation of the likes of "Miracle Day."  That was more than meh, IMO.

              Robbie

              >________________________________

            • R Hall
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                We can only hope, but I think we should just forget about this happening until or if it does.  John is appearing in the Arrow series now.  His character is nothing like

                Captain Jack Harkness, and we get to see him portray evil for a change.  As long as we get to see John, I don't care whether or not it's as Captain Jack as long as
                he portrays a strong character, either good or bad.

                Robbie

                >________________________________

              • scott mccowan
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                  Came up with a fan made comic where he, Domino, Green Arrow, Black Lightning, Donna Troy, Hawkeye, and Misty Knight are part of a Marvel/DC Team up under Heroes for Hire.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                    I wouldn't count out Torchwood just yet. For one thing, Russell T Davies is still dealing with his partner's illness as well as projects that he had signed on to do before his partner got sick, and once things settle down, who knows? He might decide to TW all over again. If he does, great, but I'm not going to be like some of the Negative Nellies I've seen around who have all but rung the death knell for the show. Also, that greatcoat is more than likely one of many that were used during the series; as I recall, they had differing lengths for when Capt. Jack was standing still, or when he was running, so it could be any one of them.

                    Steph

                    This tells me that we won't be seeing any new Torchwood episodes. Do you agree or disagree?

                    Robbie

                    >________________________________

                  • scott mccowan
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                      I would love to see torchwood return.  What would be cool would be his brother had small part in the happenings from the last season.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                        Um, Desperate Housewives, season 6? John played this really evil terrorist type who was making threats against Drea de Matteo's character and her family. He only showed up in a couple of episodes (although his character was referenced throughout the season), and while I hesitate to say exactly what happened, I will say that he met a rather spectacular end.

                        Steph

                        We can only hope, but I think we should just forget about this happening until or if it does. John is appearing in the Arrow series now. His character is nothing like

                        Captain Jack Harkness, and we get to see him portray evil for a change. As long as we get to see John, I don't care whether or not it's as Captain Jack as long as
                        he portrays a strong character, either good or bad.

                        Robbie

                      • R Hall
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 15, 2013
                          I don't think I'm sounding the death knell for Torchwood.  I'm just accepting the fact that we may never see it again.  It will be great if we do, providing the new stuff will be more like what we've always loved about the show.  Some fans liked "Miracle Day"; some fans did not, of which I am one.  We all have the privilege of expressing our feelings about it, one way or the other.

                          Robbie

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 15, 2013
                            Yes, he did meet a rather spectacular end.  Hopefully, that won't happen in Arrow or in Torchwood if we ever see it again.

                            Robbie