Captain Jack's RAF blue Great Coat on Auction

  • Deco Fan
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 5, 2012
      Thought you'd all like to know - from artdaily.org:

      Bonhams Entertainment Sale to include memorabilia from acclaimed science fiction film and television series

      LONDON.- Bonhams forthcoming Entertainment Memorabilia sale, to be held on Wednesday 12th December, will include an array of props, costumes and related memorabilia from legendary Science Fiction movies and television shows including: Alien, Superman, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Red Dwarf and Captain Scarlett.

      The highlights from the sale include a detailed miniature model from Alien, 1979, of the engine room of the �Nostromo� mothership, being offered directly by the model maker. The model engine room was designed for an establishing shot in the film, and is clearly visible in the scene when Ripley sets the ship to self-destruct. Original models used in the production of Alien have rarely come on to the market and are highly sought after.

      Following the same theme, included in the Horror and Science Fiction section of the sale is a large airbrush illustration created by the Alien film�s Academy Award �-winning designer and surrealist artist H.R. Giger. The artwork depicts a sinister skeletal creature, and was discovered painted on a door panel in the boiler room at Shepperton Studios, a bolt-hole frequented by the artist throughout the making of the film. Both lots are offered with an estimate of �2,000 � 3,000.

      A number of items from the archives of the BBC will be offered for sale, including costumes and props from renowned television series Doctor Who. One of the key pieces is a large prop latex shark used in the 2010 Christmas special �A Christmas Carol� valued at �1000-1500. It will also be the first time key props and costume from the popular Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures series� will be offered at auction, including Captain Jack Harkness� RAF blue Great Coat valued at �700-900 and Sarah Jane Smith�s emerald green and white Nissan Figaro car �4,000-6,000.

      Other pieces available to collectors will be a large collection of concept designs from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with estimates ranging from �500-3,000, an original Captain Brown puppet used on Captain Scarlett, estimate �12,000-15,000, Christopher Reeves director�s chair, �500-700, and two handmade spacecraft models used in series 10 of Red Dwarf, valued at �500-700 each.

      More Information: http://www.artdaily.org/index.asp?int_sec=2&int_new=59339#.UL9vr4Vkksk[/url]

      Copyright � artdaily.org

    • pattikoala
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 13, 2012
        oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can not even look at the site because the cost
        would be way out of my league

        still LOVE THE COAT

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 13, 2012
          In a message dated 12/13/2012 7:32:36 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          pattikoala@... writes:

          oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can not even look at the site because the cost
          would be way out of my league

          still LOVE THE COAT >>>>

          I'll take the coat, to wear in Sarah Jane's car :)

          Sigh. Only if Santa Claus is exceptionally generous :(

          Janice

        • R Hall
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
            This tells me that we won't be seeing any new Torchwood episodes.  Do you agree or disagree?

            Robbie

            >________________________________

          • dizzheart
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
              In a message dated 1/9/2013 3:37:42 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
              snark_angel@... writes:

              This tells me that we won't be seeing any new Torchwood episodes. Do you
              agree or disagree?

              Robbie >>

              Well, we knew that. If Torchwood isn't totally dead, I think it's in for a
              long, long hiatus at the very least. The momentum has passed.

              It could be revived, of course, but it would be a revival, not a
              continuation. Or so it seems to me.

              I'm not totally unhappy with that. I loved the first two seasons' fun,
              and I was in awe of Children of Earth, but I thought Miracle Day was meh --
              and if it were revived to be like Miracle Day, I'd just as soon skip it.

              Janice

            • Amazon X
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                I disagree. I think that they'll make a whole series of new coats for
                John if and when Torchwood starts filming again. The only real RAF coat
                he wore was in the The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances episodes. And the
                coat was wool, which he's allergic to. So his subsequent coats were
                custom made. They'll do it again.

                On 1/9/2013 6:37 PM, R Hall wrote:
                > This tells me that we won't be seeing any new Torchwood episodes. Do you agree or disagree?
                >
                > Robbie
                >

                >> ________________________________

              • R Hall
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                  I agree.  I think we won't see it again.  If we do, I won't bother with it if it's a continuation of the likes of "Miracle Day."  That was more than meh, IMO.

                  Robbie

                  >________________________________

                • R Hall
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                    We can only hope, but I think we should just forget about this happening until or if it does.  John is appearing in the Arrow series now.  His character is nothing like

                    Captain Jack Harkness, and we get to see him portray evil for a change.  As long as we get to see John, I don't care whether or not it's as Captain Jack as long as
                    he portrays a strong character, either good or bad.

                    Robbie

                    >________________________________

                  • scott mccowan
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                      Came up with a fan made comic where he, Domino, Green Arrow, Black Lightning, Donna Troy, Hawkeye, and Misty Knight are part of a Marvel/DC Team up under Heroes for Hire.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                        I wouldn't count out Torchwood just yet. For one thing, Russell T Davies is still dealing with his partner's illness as well as projects that he had signed on to do before his partner got sick, and once things settle down, who knows? He might decide to TW all over again. If he does, great, but I'm not going to be like some of the Negative Nellies I've seen around who have all but rung the death knell for the show. Also, that greatcoat is more than likely one of many that were used during the series; as I recall, they had differing lengths for when Capt. Jack was standing still, or when he was running, so it could be any one of them.

                        Steph

                        This tells me that we won't be seeing any new Torchwood episodes. Do you agree or disagree?

                        Robbie

                        >________________________________

                      • scott mccowan
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                          I would love to see torchwood return.  What would be cool would be his brother had small part in the happenings from the last season.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                            Um, Desperate Housewives, season 6? John played this really evil terrorist type who was making threats against Drea de Matteo's character and her family. He only showed up in a couple of episodes (although his character was referenced throughout the season), and while I hesitate to say exactly what happened, I will say that he met a rather spectacular end.

                            Steph

                            We can only hope, but I think we should just forget about this happening until or if it does. John is appearing in the Arrow series now. His character is nothing like

                            Captain Jack Harkness, and we get to see him portray evil for a change. As long as we get to see John, I don't care whether or not it's as Captain Jack as long as
                            he portrays a strong character, either good or bad.

                            Robbie

                          • R Hall
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 15, 2013
                              I don't think I'm sounding the death knell for Torchwood.  I'm just accepting the fact that we may never see it again.  It will be great if we do, providing the new stuff will be more like what we've always loved about the show.  Some fans liked "Miracle Day"; some fans did not, of which I am one.  We all have the privilege of expressing our feelings about it, one way or the other.

                              Robbie

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 15, 2013
                                Yes, he did meet a rather spectacular end.  Hopefully, that won't happen in Arrow or in Torchwood if we ever see it again.

                                Robbie