RE: [torchwood] Will Torchwood Ever Return

  • sem
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 9, 2012
      I think it was made pretty clear before his partner became ill that RTD
      wasn't too interested in resurrecting TW. I'm still not sure why the BBC
      would only get involved in MD when they had financial assistance with STARZ.
      I do not expect to see any further Torchwood episodes. Maybe a one-off
      someday, but it has been treated like a naughty stepchild ever since MD. We
      do this in the US, too, kill off shows with great ratings for unknown
      reasons. I doubt we'll ever know what really happened.

      Cheery message for a Sunday morning.

      Catzy

      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 17, 2013
        I am so enjoying this discussion. I can't stand Gwen, never could for all the reasons listed - mean, selfish, but touted as perfect. I think I could have handled the mean and selfish if she'd not been considered wonderful, if she;d had some redeeming characteristic.

        I haven;t seen Even in much, so no comments from me on that.

        I too wonder what made RTD fall for her and mess up the show so badly. I still miss Ianto, but after all these years I'm finally reading Janto again.

        Did not watch MD again; once was enough. I am watching the eps from the 1st two seasons that I have saved.

        Kaki

        ---- "pfyre@..." <pfyre@...> wrote:
        > The truth behind the origins of 'Torchwood' or 'Excalibur' as it was originally titled when first pedaled to TPTB at the BBC by RTD has been discussed, dissected, debated and bandied about since pretty much since Torchwood premiered on BBC3.

        big snip