Re: [torchwood] Will Torchwood Ever Return

  • dizzheart@aol.com
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 8, 2012
      In a message dated 12/8/2012 9:43:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      pfyre@... writes:

      last I heard in regards to Torchwood - it is still in limbo/hiatus - and
      frankly RTD said he wanted to spotlight more on Gwen in the next series
      or at least that was an idea he had - frankly if John's not in the next
      series I won't watch it and I will NOT be happy if the next series
      spotlights Gwen and puts Jack in the background - I cannot stand the
      character and I cannot stand that RTD is still effing in LUV with
      Eve/Gwen - gag >>>>>>

      I will give any version of Torchwood at least a look before I decide if I
      like it or not.

      I like the Gwen/Jack dynamic and I think Eve Myles is very good in the
      part. I like that she's different looking.

      My preference is for the original Torchwood, the five person team. I miss
      Tosh, Owen and Ianto. I think those empty team positions should be filled
      if Torchwood returns.

      Davies is presently involved with his children's series Wizards vs Aliens.
      I haven't seen any comment from him on the status of Torchwood one way or
      the other recently. I suppose when he has something to say, he'll say it.

      Janice

    • kaki_four
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 17, 2013
        I am so enjoying this discussion. I can't stand Gwen, never could for all the reasons listed - mean, selfish, but touted as perfect. I think I could have handled the mean and selfish if she'd not been considered wonderful, if she;d had some redeeming characteristic.

        I haven;t seen Even in much, so no comments from me on that.

        I too wonder what made RTD fall for her and mess up the show so badly. I still miss Ianto, but after all these years I'm finally reading Janto again.

        Did not watch MD again; once was enough. I am watching the eps from the 1st two seasons that I have saved.

        Kaki

        ---- "pfyre@..." <pfyre@...> wrote:
        > The truth behind the origins of 'Torchwood' or 'Excalibur' as it was originally titled when first pedaled to TPTB at the BBC by RTD has been discussed, dissected, debated and bandied about since pretty much since Torchwood premiered on BBC3.

        big snip