Re: [torchwood] Will Torchwood Ever Return

    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 8, 2012
      On 12/8/2012 5:40 PM, R Hall wrote:

      > A while back I read a statement from Russell T Davies that Torchwood
      > has been put on indefinite hold pending the medical condition and
      > possible death of his partner and that the show could possibly
      > return. Has anyone read or heard anything else? I noticed that new
      > episodes of other series run by Mr. Davies were still being aired.
      > Maybe they were filmed before he took his leave to care for his partner.
      >
      > If Torchwood does return and isn't any better than Miracle Day, I'd
      > rather it didn't return at all. Fortunately I have the first three
      > seasons on DVD if I want to watch the Torchwood I knew and loved.
      >
      > I'm enjoying John Barrowman on Arrow. I hope his role will expand, as
      > it's presently quite small.
      >
      > Robbie

      there is a nice little article in the new TV Guide featuring a nice pic
      and it discusses John's role on 'Arrow' [cover of the TV Guide has Matt
      Smith as the Doctor]

      last I heard in regards to Torchwood - it is still in limbo/hiatus - and
      frankly RTD said he wanted to spotlight more on Gwen in the next series
      or at least that was an idea he had - frankly if John's not in the next
      series I won't watch it and I will NOT be happy if the next series
      spotlights Gwen and puts Jack in the background - I cannot stand the
      character and I cannot stand that RTD is still effing in LUV with
      Eve/Gwen - gag

      pfyre

      --

      pfyre

      "I'm so glad father's day is over. It's so awkward." /- Luke Skywalker/
    • kaki_four
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 17, 2013
        I am so enjoying this discussion. I can't stand Gwen, never could for all the reasons listed - mean, selfish, but touted as perfect. I think I could have handled the mean and selfish if she'd not been considered wonderful, if she;d had some redeeming characteristic.

        I haven;t seen Even in much, so no comments from me on that.

        I too wonder what made RTD fall for her and mess up the show so badly. I still miss Ianto, but after all these years I'm finally reading Janto again.

        Did not watch MD again; once was enough. I am watching the eps from the 1st two seasons that I have saved.

        Kaki

        ---- "pfyre@..." <pfyre@...> wrote:
        > The truth behind the origins of 'Torchwood' or 'Excalibur' as it was originally titled when first pedaled to TPTB at the BBC by RTD has been discussed, dissected, debated and bandied about since pretty much since Torchwood premiered on BBC3.

        big snip