Re: [torchwood] MD

  • Daren :)
    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 23, 2012
      I realise that I'm probibly going to reignite the old MD debates but well ...........

      The original Torchwood was a very fatalistic show ! weird stuff would happen and everyone would do their best to contain it with long story arcs of the average schmo playing around with the doohickey and ending much the worse for wear and the team find the guy and the doohicky just in time Jack always played his cards close to the chest insinuating that he knew more than he was willing to let on yet during those times when he appeared to be completely open and honest he did not have a clue what to do

      Children of Earth was a really great miniseries and I loved how the functionaries who did so much damage were themselves in turn burnt, because they were treated in the same cold calculating way they been treating everyone else

      Miracle Day made absolutely no sense what so ever and Jack put in only cameo appearances the world seemed to in part remember the 456 yet they all forgot who it was who defeated them and for unknown reasons Jack and Gwen were still being hunted down by British Black Ops for no apparent reason the new hero we were foist upon us, had an IQ of 45 and sometimes I wanted to beat him about the head with a baseball bat and scream WAKE UP and after all the agro and the drama the solution to the never explained drama was for Jack to somehow bleed into that fissure on both sides of the earth at the same time

      I would really like 9 hours of my life back thank you very much as I still really feel cheated episode 1 was brilliant and led us all to believe that this was going to be one hell of a show but it was'nt

      Daren

      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 17, 2013
        I am so enjoying this discussion. I can't stand Gwen, never could for all the reasons listed - mean, selfish, but touted as perfect. I think I could have handled the mean and selfish if she'd not been considered wonderful, if she;d had some redeeming characteristic.

        I haven;t seen Even in much, so no comments from me on that.

        I too wonder what made RTD fall for her and mess up the show so badly. I still miss Ianto, but after all these years I'm finally reading Janto again.

        Did not watch MD again; once was enough. I am watching the eps from the 1st two seasons that I have saved.

        Kaki

        ---- "pfyre@..." <pfyre@...> wrote:
        > The truth behind the origins of 'Torchwood' or 'Excalibur' as it was originally titled when first pedaled to TPTB at the BBC by RTD has been discussed, dissected, debated and bandied about since pretty much since Torchwood premiered on BBC3.

        big snip