Re: [torchwood] MD

  • Leanne Wilensky
    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 23, 2012
      I think that mention of the "4, 5 and 6" amendments was about the "456" monster from Children of Earth.

      Also, IMO - Torchwood is done. It won't be back.

      On Oct 23, 2012, at 2:40 AM, dizzheart@... wrote:

      > Hi, Charles,
      >
      > 1. No idea whatsoever, just ignored it myself.
      >
      > 2. If you mean Ianto Jones (Gareth David Lloyd), Owen (Burn Gorman) and
      > Tosh (Naoko Mori), their characters were killed off previously, so there was
      > no question of their return. If they ever thought of Martha Jones, I
      > haven't seen anything on that; Martha was married to Mickey now and Freema
      > Agyeman who played her was working in Law & Order UK while Miracle Day was
      > being filmed, I would imagine it wasn't thought of.
      >
      > 3. John Barrowman has said he'd be interested in a fifth series, but
      > Miracle Day didn't do that well and Russell T Davies is back in the UK working
      > on Wizards & Aliens now, so it seems unlikely. But you never know.
      >
      > For my part, I think of the series as having ended with Children of Earth.
      > I didn't care for Miracle Day; it was too Americanized and the show had
      > lost a lot of its original flavor for me.
      >
      > John Barrowman will be in the CW series Arrow, starting with the fifth
      > episode - which I think is on shortly. He's not in the credits on IMDb but
      > he's tweeted about it. His character is called Well Dressed Man.
      >
      > Janice
      >

      > In a message dated 10/22/2012 10:44:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      > CharlesSGalloway@... writes:
      >
      > Hi,
      >
      > I am now watching the Merical Day story and just saw the first episode.
      > Had a couple questions for those more into the series.
      >
      > 1) Towards the end of the episode it was mentioned that Torchwood would be
      > restarted in the
      > US and the guy cited amendments 4,5, and 6 to US Code 3184; Is there such
      > a section?
      > A website that would have the section would be most helpful.
      >
      > 2) What happened to the rest of the orginal cast - besides Captain Jack
      > Harkness and Eve
      > Myles charachter? Did the others just not want to participate or was the
      > orginal storyline
      > not have mention of more of the UK0-based charachters? I know from the
      > previews that
      > Jack demands thant Phiphers charachter becomes part of the US Torchwood.
      >
      > 3) There waas some talk about having a new season of Torchwood - what is
      > the current rumors
      > or whatever of it actually happening?
      >
      > Regards
      > Charles >>>>>

    • kaki_four
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 17, 2013
        I am so enjoying this discussion. I can't stand Gwen, never could for all the reasons listed - mean, selfish, but touted as perfect. I think I could have handled the mean and selfish if she'd not been considered wonderful, if she;d had some redeeming characteristic.

        I haven;t seen Even in much, so no comments from me on that.

        I too wonder what made RTD fall for her and mess up the show so badly. I still miss Ianto, but after all these years I'm finally reading Janto again.

        Did not watch MD again; once was enough. I am watching the eps from the 1st two seasons that I have saved.

        Kaki

        ---- "pfyre@..." <pfyre@...> wrote:
        > The truth behind the origins of 'Torchwood' or 'Excalibur' as it was originally titled when first pedaled to TPTB at the BBC by RTD has been discussed, dissected, debated and bandied about since pretty much since Torchwood premiered on BBC3.

        big snip