Re: [torchwood] MD

  • dizzheart@aol.com
    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 22, 2012
      Hi, Charles,

      1. No idea whatsoever, just ignored it myself.

      2. If you mean Ianto Jones (Gareth David Lloyd), Owen (Burn Gorman) and
      Tosh (Naoko Mori), their characters were killed off previously, so there was
      no question of their return. If they ever thought of Martha Jones, I
      haven't seen anything on that; Martha was married to Mickey now and Freema
      Agyeman who played her was working in Law & Order UK while Miracle Day was
      being filmed, I would imagine it wasn't thought of.

      3. John Barrowman has said he'd be interested in a fifth series, but
      Miracle Day didn't do that well and Russell T Davies is back in the UK working
      on Wizards & Aliens now, so it seems unlikely. But you never know.

      For my part, I think of the series as having ended with Children of Earth.
      I didn't care for Miracle Day; it was too Americanized and the show had
      lost a lot of its original flavor for me.

      John Barrowman will be in the CW series Arrow, starting with the fifth
      episode - which I think is on shortly. He's not in the credits on IMDb but
      he's tweeted about it. His character is called Well Dressed Man.

      Janice

      In a message dated 10/22/2012 10:44:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      CharlesSGalloway@... writes:

      Hi,

      I am now watching the Merical Day story and just saw the first episode.
      Had a couple questions for those more into the series.

      1) Towards the end of the episode it was mentioned that Torchwood would be
      restarted in the
      US and the guy cited amendments 4,5, and 6 to US Code 3184; Is there such
      a section?
      A website that would have the section would be most helpful.

      2) What happened to the rest of the orginal cast - besides Captain Jack
      Harkness and Eve
      Myles charachter? Did the others just not want to participate or was the
      orginal storyline
      not have mention of more of the UK0-based charachters? I know from the
      previews that
      Jack demands thant Phiphers charachter becomes part of the US Torchwood.

      3) There waas some talk about having a new season of Torchwood - what is
      the current rumors
      or whatever of it actually happening?

      Regards
      Charles >>>>>

    • kaki_four
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 17, 2013
        I am so enjoying this discussion. I can't stand Gwen, never could for all the reasons listed - mean, selfish, but touted as perfect. I think I could have handled the mean and selfish if she'd not been considered wonderful, if she;d had some redeeming characteristic.

        I haven;t seen Even in much, so no comments from me on that.

        I too wonder what made RTD fall for her and mess up the show so badly. I still miss Ianto, but after all these years I'm finally reading Janto again.

        Did not watch MD again; once was enough. I am watching the eps from the 1st two seasons that I have saved.

        Kaki

        ---- "pfyre@..." <pfyre@...> wrote:
        > The truth behind the origins of 'Torchwood' or 'Excalibur' as it was originally titled when first pedaled to TPTB at the BBC by RTD has been discussed, dissected, debated and bandied about since pretty much since Torchwood premiered on BBC3.

        big snip