OT somewhat: yahoo email accounts are being hacked

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2012
      There's yet another wave of spamm showing up on Yahoogroups email
      lists from Yahoo email addresses, because they are being hacked again. :(

      If any of you use Yahoo mail, esp. for anything important, like
      paying bills, or as your Paypal or Ebay email address, or just to
      subscribe to Yahoogroups, keep a weather eye on the account. If your
      password is easy to guess, you might want to change it. Please note
      that you do not have to use a Yahoo email account to subscribe to any
      Yahoogroups.

      If a message shows up on this list that is spamm, the mods should
      take care of it asap. :)

      Spamm emails often have no subject line, and often only have a link
      in the body of the email itself. Please don't click on these links!
      Just delete the email, and empty the trashcan afterwards. These links
      often contain viruses and other malware. If you have accidentally
      clicked on such a link, close that browser page immediately, and
      close any open programs. Then scan your computer with your updated
      anti-virus and anti-malware programs. Hopefully, that will take care
      of any problems.

      Kim
    • Spankskin
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2012
        I've deleted the message, and set the email addresses used to moderate all messages.

        Unfortunately only the Group owner can reset the group settings such that ALL messages are moderated.

        Stuart