Re: [torchwood] Re: Season 4: American vs British TV

  • Robert A. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 45 , Feb 4, 2012
      At 14:59 -0800 on 02/04/2012, R Hall wrote about Re: [torchwood] Re:
      Season 4: American vs British TV:

      >Who might "they" be, as if I didn't already know! I don't know
      >exactly why Miracle Day was not good, but I doubt anyone can blame
      >it on just one person or one country.
      >
      >Can those of us who think MD was bad just agree on that and stop
      >placing blame?? That season is in the past, and we may not get any
      >more seasons of Torchwood. If you have the first three seasons on
      >DVD or whatever, just watch those and enjoy what Torchwood was then.

      The BBC was unwilling or unable to fund the season all on its own so
      Starz stepped in with the needed extra funding. As co-producer they
      had some say in the plot/etc. This is different from just paying for
      the US airing rights to a BBC funded AND aired program (such as
      Doctor Who or the prior seasons of Torchwood [so long as they were
      sold to SciFi/Syfy not BBCA]).
    • Tim hunt
      Message 45 of 45 , Feb 8, 2012
         so no season 5 of torchwood

        Who might "they" be, as if I didn't already know!  I don't know exactly why Miracle Day was not good, but I doubt anyone can blame it on just one person or one country.

        Can those of us who think MD was bad just agree on that and stop placing blame??  That season is in the past, and we may not get any more seasons of  Torchwood.  If you have the first three seasons on DVD or whatever, just watch those and enjoy what Torchwood was then.

        Yes, my reply is quite "late."  Stuff happens....

        Robbie