Re: [torchwood] Re: Season 4: American vs British TV

  • R Hall
    Message 1 of 45 , Nov 10, 2011
      I, also on the western side of the pond, like some, but not all, of the UK shows we get, just as I don't like all of the US shows we have.   I think my favorite UK show so far is "Luther."  I agree that not enough episodes are made.  Because I have an Xfinity triple-play package with my ISP, I'm fortunate to have the Starz channel included.  I wasn't disappointed with Torchwood's alliance with Starz per se, but very much so with season 4 as a whole.  I don't think it was disappointing because of the channel alliance; it was just not a good season.  I think Russell T Davies needs to stop trying to change the show's "formula" and stick with what works best.  If he keeps doing what he's doing, IMO, he'll ruin the very show he created.  (He was the creator, yes??)

      Fatfriar1 wrote just below that "it is way past time for people to move on from all of these crime dramas."  Crime dramas are the "meat" of my TV-watching and of my book-reading.  Why should people move on from what they like??

      Robbie

    • Tim hunt
      Message 45 of 45 , Feb 8, 2012
         so no season 5 of torchwood