Season 4: American vs British TV

  • Shirese Louie
    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 14, 2011
      I know much it being said about Torchwood becoming bad because of Americans
      being involved. I am not saying season 4 is bad or good, just saying what I
      heard. I watch many British TV shows and am on many British TV boards. I
      hear many disparaging remarks about how bad American TV is. I disagree and
      think this is a horrible trend on these boards (groups). I just question if
      American and British TV shows are truly being judged by content or by the
      country it is affiliated with. I am frankly sick of it.

      As for Torchwood coming to America...am I correct in the fact that the BBC
      did not want it? Isn't Russel T. Davies still at the helm and still
      British?

      I for one think there are many great American shows (some that surpass some
      British TV shows). I know to each his own but this imaginary animosity
      toward all things American TV is just a bit overboard.

      *Shirese Louie
      "It's not just that Bonham hit the drums hard. It's that he hit them
      properly."
      ~T. Bruce Wittet (writer for Modern Drummer Magazine)~John Bonham

      "Rock 'N' Roll died the day John Bonham died."
      ~Billy Joel

    • Tim hunt
      Message 45 of 45 , Feb 8, 2012
         so no season 5 of torchwood