One last opinion...

  • Melodi Rayl
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2011
      My brother and I FINALLY had a chance to watch the last episode... It
      was driving me crazy that we hadn't done it yet.

      We loved it.

      This story arc, the first few episodes, started SOOO slow that my brother
      played computer games while they were on. And so little JACK!! Jack
      IS Torchwood, at least to me, and they sure didn't do much with his
      character, except for the background stuff - love connection, torture, etc.
      But once the story started moving, we think it got better and better.

      I loved the whole twist of immortality vs. Jack's mortality. I just wish
      the families had been destroyed so we wouldn't have to see any more
      of them... <sigh>

      My favorite scene in the WHOLE story arc was that one intense scene
      between Oswald (LOVE Bill P.!) and Jack, where Jack ends up telling
      him how tiny he has made his life. My brother and I kept going 'Wow...'
      afterwards. GREAT acting, GREAT directing, just PERFECT...

      The ending twist with Rex is fascinating. Can't wait to see if the
      immortality lasts. I'm assuming it will, maybe? But he's not a fixed point
      in time, like Jack...

      And I like Gwen, even though she done some things that I consider
      pretty stupid. I can understand her ferocious mother bear protection
      instinct towards her family. It'll be interesting to see if she stays in the
      US to work with the others.

      Melodi