Miracle Day...SPOILERS

  • Paul Mannering
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2011
      SPOILERS

      I know it's finished in the civilised parts of the world. But in New Zealand
      we are quite some distance behind you and have seen the episode with the
      categorising of people and the Miracle rally this week.

      I have carefully avoided posts about the series because I haven't seen it
      yet - but I did pick up that some people *really* didn't like the way the
      story was unfolding.

      So far - I'm enjoying it. It's quite different from the usual Torchwood
      fare. Some aliens (like in Children of Earth) would have been great - but
      humans on their own are mysterious and nasty foes.

      It's a shame the female doctor got cooked. She was hot... :-/

      --
      paul@...
      www.brokensea.com www.grindhouseaudio.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
        On 10/1/2011 1:15 AM, Paul Mannering wrote:
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        > SPOILERS
        >

        > I know it's finished in the civilised parts of the world. But in New Zealand
        > we are quite some distance behind you and have seen the episode with the
        > categorising of people and the Miracle rally this week.
        >
        > I have carefully avoided posts about the series because I haven't seen it
        > yet - but I did pick up that some people *really* didn't like the way the
        > story was unfolding.
        >
        > So far - I'm enjoying it. It's quite different from the usual Torchwood
        > fare. Some aliens (like in Children of Earth) would have been great - but
        > humans on their own are mysterious and nasty foes.
        >
        > It's a shame the female doctor got cooked. She was hot... :-/

        There is quite a division of opinions among fans of 'Torchwood' not
        precisely along the lines of old vs new or even UK vs US, etc.

        I say - glad to have someone else onboard with enjoying the show as it
        played out. Personally I would've loved it a bit more perhaps if the
        storyline had been tightened up a bit more especially in the first 4 or
        5 eps but I still loved it overall AND I loved John's portrayal of this
        very different Jack Harkness.

        jmo

        pfyre

        */"I'm so tired…. This mortal life it hurts so much." /*

        --Torchwood: Miracle Day episode 9 The Gathering
      • Lauren Qualtrough
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2011
          Thought I was up on all things Torchwood - but I guess not. My sister sent me a bunch of TW related merchandise for my birthday. One of them was a key chain with the saying " I blame Barrowman". Anyone know what that means or is related to?

          Thanks