Re: [torchwood] Jack and religion

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2011
      On 8/26/2011 4:08 PM, chrisgaren555 wrote:

      > HI ALL
      > I dont think jack is in to religion at all.He sees the wedding as people commiting themselves to each other and love being the ultimate
      > form of God.He's only in the church to continue the bootlegging activities.The contrast is that Angelo is influenced and brought up as a catholic, living in a small Italian village where everyone would be devout and homosexuality would be a mortal sin which he needs to keep secret (my husband comes from a small village in Southern Ireland and says if you didnt go to church on a Sunday no one would speak to you!)No wonder Angelo thought Jack was the devil when he came back to life.
      > Just my thoughts.loved this episode.
      > Chris
      If anything he appears to have more than a bit of bitterness and anger
      in regards to Christianity as of that time period in which the church
      proclaimed it an immortal sin to love someone of the same sex. When he's
      arguing with Angelo - when he was first trying to pack Angelo's clothes
      and send him to L.A. to be safe - you hear the anger and bitterness when
      he talks about how it's impossible for there to be love between them
      according to Angelo's God.

      pfyre

      /"John Barrowman smiles, and dozens of people lose their virginity.
      That's how good he is."/

      Courtesy of Fractured Reality